SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Experts please step in P250 and P320 questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Experts please step in P250 and P320 questions Login/Join 
posted
Two questions for the true experts. Does anyone know for certain if the initial P250 in Germany was designed with a true DA/SA version with a shorter reset? The reason I ask is I recall reading the initial specs that described a 3mm subsequent reset?

Second question, was the subcompact initially designed “smaller” as I recall an early brochure or web site pic that showed a 3” barreled subcompact?

Thanks for your insight.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
My P250 is from the first day of production. It is DAO. A subcompact model with a 3.6" barrel.

It is a five serial set chambered in 9x21.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P250 would have been an ideal LE firearm. Long but light DA pull that takes deliberate action and is more fault tolerant in stressful situations. It is more or less Sig's version of HK's LEM. Better for holstering with thumb on the hammer too.

But Glock set the standard and after that everyone else had to fall in with strikers.

Posts: 4724 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
The P250 was never offered as anything but a DAO. The fire control unit which allowed the P250 (and later introduced P320) such flexibility as to caliber, grip frame choices, barrel lengths, etc..., couldn't accommodate a de-cocking lever. As it was, the DAO system of the P250 provided (IMHO) a better Double action trigger than the vast majority of service duty type revolvers offered by S&W, Colt, and Ruger. It was very different from the LEM system offered by H&K, which is a pre-cocked and features a long, light take up followed by a short but relatively heavy/crisp final press. The P250 trigger isn't pre-cocked, and requires a continuous press resembling that of that found with a honed S&W double action revolver. It was smooth and easily manipulated by those trained to shoot revolvers in the double action mode, yet provided the advantages of higher capacity, flat and compact dimensions, reduced felt recoil, and higher velocity bullet performance associated with semi-automatic pistol designs.

In many ways, I believe the P250 was a step above the Glock in features, but the execution (associated with quality control issues) did result in complaints about reliability. I'm satisfied with the reliability of the early, first generation P250 that I own, but I know that this doesn't mean everyone had the same experiences, and this explains why so many of these were sold off for so little in the end.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
There is an Early P250SC in the collection (subcompact), it is DAO and they never were DA/SA, always DAO.

Hammer is recessed but from other angles you can see it, there is no De-Cocking Lever as well.

Gun has been 100% reliable, over 1000+ rounds, no problems when it was being broken in, although doesn't see any use really anymore.

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post