New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 SAO ZEV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Name one thing that this does, that mine does not.

Empties your checking account.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
I knew if I waited long enough (26 years) I would have an opportunity to buy a P226 with everything I DON'T want. Eek

I'm on my phone right now, but if you want something worse, look up the P226 Golden Dragon. This was actually built by the German Sig Mastershop.

Posts: 4204 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Yet another installment of Sig choosing to neglect development and production of practical guns that the average shooter wants and would actually benefit from, in exchange for pimped out toys for posers. As a long-time Sig customer, and even advocate, I'm starting to feel like they're actively trying to reject my business.

Guns that I'd like to see from Sig (All in a regular "nitron" base model config, although I'm ok with optic cuts provided it comes with a cover that's separate from the rear-sight dovetail):

P320 10mm

P320 .45ACP

P220 10mm (basic nitron at a commiserate price, not legion-hunter-camo-pimptasic-elite)

P220 Compact .45 ACP (the work is already done here, just bring it back!)

A lightweight MPX/MCX platform (I'm a fan of both guns, but they need to shed some pounds)

A compact DA/SA 9mm somewhere between the size of the P239 and the P229...the P239 is too small for my hand, and the P229 is just a bit girthy...a re-designed frame with a magwell built around a stack-and-a-half magazine a-la the P365 mag would be perfect. I realize that this is a pipe dream, as the classic P-Series is basically dead, but I can still dream.

Posts: 8609 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P320 .45 ACP already exists. I held a compact and the grip was surprisingly similar to a 9mm grip. Can't remember seeing a full size, but I don't think either has sold very well.

They promised the P320 10mm in the same TFB video as the P365 .380 so perhaps that might happen sooner than later.

DA/SA is pretty dead. Some of us still like it, but the perception of the need for it has changed. Striker DAO and SAO are all I see at the shops now, except Beretta, CZ and the occasional Sig. Springfield killed the compact DA/SA XDe because it didn't sell. That said I still have my P225A1 and I'm keeping it for now. I picked up a threaded P239 barrel on clearance so it will be useful as a suppressor host once I get a 9mm can (working on rifle cans right now).

P-series Sigs are turning into enthusiast guns, like CZ Shadows, Shadow II's, and Tactical Sports. So they are going to continue to move upmarket and basic versions are going to get more sparse. Let's thank Sig for keeping them alive with the Legion series instead of killing them all like S&W did with the 3rd Gen TDA's.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
P320 .45 ACP already exists. I held a compact and the grip was surprisingly similar to a 9mm grip. Can't remember seeing a full size, but I don't think either has sold very well.

It exists, but they're not making them anymore. Sig has made it pretty clear that they don't care about anything but 9mm these days, except for the .380 P365.

Posts: 8609 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:

It exists, but they're not making them anymore. Sig has made it pretty clear that they don't care about anything but 9mm these days, except for the .380 P365.

OK, hadn't heard that. I used to watch out for them as I was interested in the Compact M/S versions, but once the COVID gun shortage hit I stopped looking.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post