SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    PX4 Compact Carry
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PX4 Compact Carry Login/Join 
Picture of dc54
posted
I just purchased a PX4 Compact Carry and installed the Langdon Trigger in a bag. I have several Sigs that Robert Burke has performed action work on. I have a CZ P07 from Cajun Gun Works. This little Beretta shoots as well if not better than any of the others. I may have to re-think my conversion to striker fired for carry. I have a wrist injury that limits my range time, but I shot twice as many rounds from this gun without the usual pain. There may be something to the felt recoil production due to the rotating barrel! Any other PX4 fans?

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Here! I love my full-size 9mm Px4. I haven’t tried the compact version but like the looks and specs on it.

Happy shooting!

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2089 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
I had a PX4 compact, and it is a soft shooting pistol.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PX4 Compact fan here.

It's the regular Compact, but by the time I got done with mine it was essentially the Compact Carry, minus the Cerakote finish and competition trigger. I also added the D hammer spring, Talon Grips (granulated, not rubber), and LTT "Fugly" lever. Works well for me.

I like it so much I plan on getting a second one, though I haven't decided if I'm going to get the Compact Carry or the regular one.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Had a compact in .40, and it was a great gun. I'm just not a .40 kind of guy, but that wasn't the gun's fault. It was a solid piece.

Posts: 10725 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
They certainly are nice little pistols.

Glad to see that Mr. Langdon is leading the charge in a resurgence of DA/SA again.

It's getting harder and harder to resist the PX4 series.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two PX4CC's that came from Langdon. I sent him a PX4 fullsize, two 92 FS that he did his trigger job. I have two Elite LTT with his triggers. He is doing a 92G for me now.....Ernie is the man when it comes to Beretta trigger.

Posts: 915 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my PX4 Compact Carry. It's extremely underrated IMO. The new decocker is finally out and works great. You can find it on LT's site.

>The new PX4 Carry Lever Set designed by Ernest Langdon and manufactured by Beretta. It's the manufactured version of the original "Fugly". The PX4 Carry is a 'G' Model that will work on the PX4 Compact, PX4 Full-size and subcompact.

Posts: 341 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ah3:
Love my PX4 Compact Carry. It's extremely underrated IMO. The new decocker is finally out and works great. You can find it on LT's site.

>The new PX4 Carry Lever Set designed by Ernest Langdon and manufactured by Beretta. It's the manufactured version of the original "Fugly". The PX4 Carry is a 'G' Model that will work on the PX4 Compact, PX4 Full-size and subcompact.

I like the look of the new lever. I'm tempted to try it on my PX4, but I think I may wait 'til I get my second PX4.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had two of those and I think they are the best polymer compact DA/SA options right now. I sold both because I had to go smaller in size for my carry options.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
I first picked up a full size PX4 a few year back. The wow wore off quickly, the 92 was just what I preferred in a full size pistol.

I currently own 2 PX4CC, 1 a MOD 2 and 1 a MOD 5.
For me they are hands down the best DA/SA option for carry. I've also found that the PX4CC recoils less than the full size PX4. These guns continue to impress, I can't recommend them enough.

Anyway if you're interested in anything from LTT and it's over $165 to include firearms use Code CLUBLTT5 for free shipping.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
I have a px4cc and absolutely love it. Very soft shooter and balances well in the hand. I’m pretty sure I’m going to grab another one and get it stippled.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Absolutely. Love mine. With the base Langdon mods installed, the PX4 compact becomes a totally different gun! If your preferred method of carry is AIWB, IMHO, there isn’t a safer choice.

Posts: 13789 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few PX4s:

The Compact Carry is my main EDC. Sometimes I carry a P365. The Compact Carry is Beretta issue, no Langdon trigger work.
The Full Size is my night stand gun.
The Sub Compact doesn't get used much.
The standard Compact is my main practice gun. It has the best trigger and keeps getting better with use. It is better than my P229-Legion-RX.
I also like the balance and handling of the compacts the best.
Mine, except the SC, are all G with Fugly levers and Trijicon HD sights.
I'm currently struggling to like the P229-Legion-RX. I wouldn't even own the Legion if it were feasible to mount a red don on a PX4 and get co-witness.

Here's a comparison:

Still working on a permanent optic mount. Here's a temporary mount:

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Anybody stipple their PX4 yet?

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:

Not yet, but soon. In the interim here is a link to Ernest Langdon's Instagram account showing his PX4CC stippled.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I too had a PX4 full size a few years ago. When thinking back on DA/SA guns and realizing I didn't have one the PX4 came to mind. Such a smooth trigger pull even stock.

I thought about the Compact Carry, but when I saw an INOX for +300 bills less, I couldn't resist.
My full size was an INOX and I really liked the gun but never carried it.

This one I will. Low profile levers/decock only and D spring so far. Accurate as all get out too.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a local gun raffle ticket for my wife a few years ago and she won a PX4 full size in .40. I was a little apprehensive about the .40, but it is actually a soft shooting pistol. It had the thick and sharp ambi safety/decocker levers, but I converted it to the low-profile levers and decock only. It is my nightstand gun, and does make an occasional range trip as well. Very good trigger too.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FPNunes:
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:

Not yet, but soon. In the interim here is a link to Ernest Langdon's Instagram account showing his PX4CC stippled.

I would be very, very careful. I sent mine to a reasonably well regarded stippling outfit and they put a hole in it. Plastic is very thin on that gun.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up about stippling issues. I will probably just stick with Traction Grips.