SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    PX4 Compact Carry
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PX4 Compact Carry Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Have the PX4 Storm FS 9mm. Love it as a CC. My other CC is the M11-A1. The PX4 feels easier to carry even though it is only 4 oz lighter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is the trigger reach length in Compact Carry? I am transitioning to single-stack (P225-A1), but still have trouble reaching DA without the short reach trigger. I have a right hand injury. Thanks.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hessy2000:
How is the trigger reach length in Compact Carry? I am transitioning to single-stack (P225-A1), but still have trouble reaching DA without the short reach trigger. I have a right hand injury. Thanks.

FWIW, I have smallish hands (probably somewhere between a small and medium glove size). For me, I have to use the pad of my trigger finger to pull the trigger. Fortunately, the DA trigger isn't particularly difficult, at least for me, and was made easier by installing a D hammer spring. The alignment with my proximal knuckle also helps with pulling the trigger straight back.

For comparison, I'll say it's better than on a 92FS, though suprisingly to me it wasn't as big of a difference as I thought it would be.

It's definitely more of a reach than a Glock 19. With a Glock 19 I can usually get my distal joint on the trigger face without much difficulty.

When deciding on which gun to get, I did try a PX4 Compact and a Sig P229 side-by-side, and I can't remember noticing a significant difference in trigger reach. I'm not saying there wasn't a difference, but if there was it wasn't enough for me to notice.

I've never handled a P225A1, so I can't offer a direct comparison.

Your best bet would be to find one at a gun store, gun show, or rental range and see for yourself.

Hope that helps.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I have medium size hands and have no trouble getting through the Trigger to my second joint. The Trigger reach on the metal CZs were too long for me in comparison. The Trigger pull is so easy that I don’t think you’ll have any trouble if you can reach it.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, thanks for replying. I held a P365 today and that one I definitely can reach... Will wait for it to become more available.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have one of the Robar “mod” Compact Carry models? They have several in stock that look really sweet.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I just got a carry model from Langdon that has a Trigger job to compare with my compact carry with his drop in Trigger job in a bag. The in house Trigger job is better, but the tjiab is pretty spectacular.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
I just got a carry model from Langdon that has a Trigger job to compare with my compact carry with his drop in Trigger job in a bag. The in house Trigger job is better, but the tjiab is pretty spectacular.

Thanks for the comparison!

NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
Does anyone have one of the Robar “mod” Compact Carry models? They have several in stock that look really sweet.

Yes, I have a Robar mod 5. There is absolutely no comparison- the mod 5 blows everything away. The NP3 really takes the rotating action to a higher level. It’s hard to explain in words, worth every penny and the mod5 is my primary carry gun. I use my other PX4CC from LTT with trigger work as my range/training gun.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:
quote:

Yes, I have a Robar mod 5. There is absolutely no comparison- the mod 5 blows everything away. The NP3 really takes the rotating action to a higher level. It’s hard to explain in words, worth every penny and the mod5 is my primary carry gun. I use my other PX4CC from LTT with trigger work as my range/training gun.

Uh oh, feel that credit card burn again. What are you carrying it in?

NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Uh oh, feel that credit card burn again. What are you carrying it in?

I use the JMcustom kydex and Spencer Keepers both excellent holsters - with the edge going to Keepers with speed. Anything from LTT over $165 use CLUBLTT5 for free shipping, that’s were I purchased both holsters.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I don't know whether to thank you for the info or to curse you for being a hazard to my wallet.

Wink

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I'm supposed to sell these PX4s yet I've never actually shot one. Probably due to its aesthetics, which to me is not much of a looker when compared to classic Berettas of yore. I confess that there ARE guns on the market that I haven't brought myself to rent and/or shoot, just based on their looks alone. I'm SO ashamed. Well not really.

A customer of ours has one of the Langdon PX4s and raves about it, especially after the Langdon-sourced trigger work she had done to it. I'll have ask her to see if she'll allow me to shoot it sometime.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I think you’ll be impressed by the trigger mechanics with the Langdon mods Beretta installed on the PX4 Compact carry. Personally, I can’t justify the price differences to move up from the base PX4 CC to Robar model especially after shooting them side by side with similar results. The grip area is key and can be slick but again for the price of custom grip stippling, I’ll stick with the Talons. I actually sold off my P229/9 to secure a second PX4CC. It’s that good and equal the carry of the G19..
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
I'm supposed to sell these PX4s yet I've never actually shot one. Probably due to its aesthetics, which to me is not much of a looker when compared to classic Berettas of yore. I confess that there ARE guns on the market that I haven't brought myself to rent and/or shoot, just based on their looks alone. I'm SO ashamed. Well not really.

A customer of ours has one of the Langdon PX4s and raves about it, especially after the Langdon-sourced trigger work she had done to it. I'll have ask her to see if she'll allow me to shoot it sometime.

Posts: 13795 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I think you’ll be impressed by the trigger mechanics with the Langdon mods Beretta installed on the PX4 Compact carry. Personally, I can’t justify the price differences to move up from the base PX4 CC to Robar model especially after shooting them side by side with similar results. The grip area is key and can be slick but again for the price of custom grip stippling, I’ll stick with the Talons. I actually sold off my P229/9 to secure a second PX4CC. It’s that good and equal the carry of the G19..
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

I’ve been flipping around on that also, basically the Robar mod 4 is about $250 above a stock CC and that gets you the Langdon trigger job and NP3 insides. I can see that value. The Mod 5 is another $200 or so and adds the bobbed hammer, a crowned barrel and some sort of mod to the magazine feed lips.

NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I don’t like Cerakote nor the sights on the CC. So I did my own. HD sights, Robert Burke trigger (which requires no parts), and went with our own CCR for finishing. I love the CCR Dusk finish, and Robert’s trigger is excellent, especially the reset.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12567 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I don’t like Cerakote nor the sights on the CC. So I did my own. HD sights, Robert Burke trigger (which requires no parts), and went with our own CCR for finishing. I love the CCR Dusk finish, and Robert’s trigger is excellent, especially the reset.

I saw your post about Robert earlier, he did a 938 for me several years ago. Is he doing the PX4 routinely now?

NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
We are lucky to have so many options available. I can attest to Robert Burke as he did the work on my HK P30 and it's superb.

I generally do my own Beretta work, but the price for the work from LTT is really reasonable and no doubt superb.

It's nice to have so many options.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I concur. I don’t like the sights on the CC either. The three dot sights on my “modified” Compact are faster in acquiring for me. The PX4 compacts are also great guns to operate one handed with surprising accuracy when doing so. A very comfortable pistol to shoot.
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Posts: 13795 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is he doing the PX4 routinely now?

Yup. And no aftermarket or additional OEM parts requried.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12567 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post