SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 magazines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 magazines Login/Join 
Picture of phique2000
posted
I just bought a new P365. I tried to load the magazines, and after a lot of struggling I could only get 6 rounds in. Has anyone else experienced this with new 365 mags?
Appreciate any help.

Philip

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but he should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Posts: 6 | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the P365 mags tend to be tough and sometimes get stuck midway through. Get the UpLula mag loader.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
My brand new 12 rounders are tough to load but I got 12 in them.

I agree with 12131, you could try the Uplula.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
After almost 35 years of shooting I bought my first and only UpLula to load P365 mags. I couldn’t load any of them to capacity without it. After a few months fully loaded I could load them by hand but when new there was no chance.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
A Uplula is a MUST have for P365 mags.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've also had luck leaving new mags fully loaded for a few days before taking them to the range. I'll second the Maglula. I have multiple loaders and it is really the only one I use now.

P220 (.45)
P225
P226 (9mm)
P228
P229 (.40)
P365
P6
SP2022 (9mm & .40)

"...it's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it." - Clarence Worley in True Romance

Posts: 375 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have trouble with only one of the mags that came with the p365. After loading a few rounds the corner of the mag follower hangs up in one of the witness holes. Making it impossible to load any further. I don't think a mag loader with keep the follower from drifting into the hole, but I could be wrong. The only thing that can be done is to file the corner of the follower until it clears the witness hole.
I don't think it is worth sending the mag back for suck a simple fix.

Posts: 358 | Registered: March 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USMCE4retired:
I have trouble with only one of the mags that came with the p365. After loading a few rounds the corner of the mag follower hangs up in one of the witness holes. Making it impossible to load any further. I don't think a mag loader with keep the follower from drifting into the hole, but I could be wrong. The only thing that can be done is to file the corner of the follower until it clears the witness hole.
I don't think it is worth sending the mag back for suck a simple fix.

Only one of my magazines did this. I beveled the edge to eliminate the issue.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uplula all mags

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Get the UpLula mag loader.

This, exactly.

And here's your source: www.gregcotellc.com

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the free magazine speed loader that came with my G43. The 12 and 15 round mags are a bit ridiculous to load for the P365 XL I have, but it is a hell of a lot easier with that mag speed loader. First time shooting that pistol at the range after purchase I loaded it by hand at the range without the speed loader, definitely no fun.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't had any problem loading P365 mags, whether 10, 12, or 15 round. After they've been loaded a few times, no issues at all. Like any other mag.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just purchased the 15 rd magazine and I right now don't anticipate any ccw issues. The pistol sure does grip better with that magazine.

Posts: 4 | Registered: February 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post