SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig P322 in .22lr
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig P322 in .22lr Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We've had a half dozen come through so far; all sold through bloody fast. The 20rd mags were certainly cool (and a pain to procure more given what's about to happen in WA state) but the overall feel seems rather cheapish to me, much like the same as the Taurus TX22 does. Didn't particularly float any boat for me, but I guess I can see how folks--especially SIG fans--could fall all over for this thing.

-MG

Posts: 1927 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the photo sigarms229. My Beretta 87T never fails to ignite the round. The firing pin imprint is a thin, crisp rectangle that goes further inwards. It’s 100% reliable with all ammo I’ve tried, but long ago I settled on Aguila Pistol Match and use that exclusively.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8838 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
My Beretta 87T never fails to ignite the round

I'm saving the rest of my Aguila and Remingtons to run in my Mark III ultralight and my Beretta 92A1 .22lr. I'll be curios to see if they run fine in those guns. I've had the remington for years but the Aguila is new production and I've never shot it before running it in the P322.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t think this is a gun problem it’s an ammo problem. Plenty of 22 doesn’t have a uniform rim of priming compound. Your 87T can hit as hard as it wants, if there isn’t primer it won’t go bang. Nowadays most “light strikes” are really just bad ammo if you are using a stock gun.

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the weekend my LGS got 12 322’s. I of course was out of town for my FIL’s memorial service. I went in to check but no luck. I did pay for a preorder though so I should get the next one. 449.

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Put a mag through one this evening.

Didn't feel cheap to me. The grip felt just like a 365 grip, which is less meatier than a 320. Slide actually felt very nice compared to a Glock 44 and several other guns in that class.

Trigger was OK. More creep than I'd expect on a SA trigger and a way longer reset, but not "bad". Just different than my SAO 2011s or a striker fired gun.

Only thing that caught me off guard was how low on the frame and how short a throw the safety had, but it actuated positively enough.

Perfectly reliable for 20 suppressed rounds.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've finally been able to fondle a couple. Blows away the Taurus TX in feel, with a much more manageable grip. Green F/O 3-dots embedded in a nice, target sight-picture are a nice touch. I thought the safety was quite positive on both examples. One seen at $449, the other at $549, LOL.

Posts: 378 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty much every one I’ve heard of, that was sold around here was $399. That’s what I paid for mine, plus taxes, of course.
As I said in a previous post, I never intended to buy one for at least a year, until a guy came to my local gun club and made me shoot his

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I and my friend just bought two on Friday and went to the range. I put 700 rounds through mine and he put 600 through his with no precleaning. I had one fail to feed and one that did not fire and he had one that did not fire. Both of mine were with federal auto match. I rand five different kinds of ammo and all shot well. I was well pleased as I know no .22 pistol I own would do that well. They are fun and feel like a bigger gun. He put an optic on his and I did not but have one ordered. I shoot it much better than I do my M17.

Posts: 8 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: May 15, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
We've had a half dozen come through so far; all sold through bloody fast. The 20rd mags were certainly cool (and a pain to procure more given what's about to happen in WA state) but the overall feel seems rather cheapish to me, much like the same as the Taurus TX22 does. Didn't particularly float any boat for me, but I guess I can see how folks--especially SIG fans--could fall all over for this thing.

Could you email me who you work for? I am trying to get a hold of one before the mag an takes effect. I’m in the Everett area.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10911 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

Could you email me who you work for? I am trying to get a hold of one before the mag an takes effect. I’m in the Everett area.

Ha! I was seriously going to ask the same thing, and for the same reason!

It’s getting ridiculous, the great WA state magazine scavenger hunt….

Bill R

Posts: 1117 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t know if you guys have a “Scheels Sports” out there in Washington, but that was the only place that I could find any, in Wisconsin.
I couldn’t find any, online.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
WooHoo! Skagit Arms came through for me. Got the call this morning, then had 10 come in and my name came up on the wait list.

June 16th is “D-Day” in these parts in order to get the paperwork and waiting period done before the magazine capacity law takes effect July 1.

They let me take my 20 rotund magazines home after doing the paperwork just in case.

Place was crazy busy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 911Boss,

Posts: 10911 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Awesome 911Boss, just awesome.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
My lucky week, scored a couple extra 20 rd mags today from PSA after getting an email they were in stock.

Guessing I shoulda bought a lottery ticket!

Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
How much did you guys pay? I saw 3 people in this thread saying they had one but nobody said how much they paid outside of the scalpers on gunbroker.

I paid $427 +tax ($449 minus a 5% veteran discount) from a local(ish) Sig Elite Dealer

posted Hide Post
quote:
Could you email me who you work for?

Oops. Haven't back to this thread; sorry about that.

I work for the ONLY brick & mortar in the entire state that (currently) charges the consumer a $25 surcharge tax per firearm, otherwise known as the City Council Coffee & Doughnut Fund. That should tell you where the shop is and you should be able to figure out the rest, since we're the last gun shop left in the city.

BTW, for all of you WA State forum members, you should be very aware that the big city liberalies are trying their damnation hardest to take that tax statewide, so be prepared to fight.

-MG

Posts: 1927 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m amazed at the ridiculous prices they are still trying to get on GB for a P322. The majority aren’t getting any bids because the starting price, or BIN price, is so high. I was on the list for one at my LGS and picked it up about 10 days ago for $400 + tax.

Posts: 3323 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by King of Useless Knowledge:
I put about 300 rounds through my friends <snip>

You might append an apostrophe to that. Smile

Smile

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Some good news. The Holosun 407K and 507K sights ( not the standard 407/507 series ) have the Romero Zero slide cuts and will fit the P322 perfectly. This is Holosuns "K" series of compact sights. I have been extremely impressed with these sights. I have been less impressed with Sig's handgun line of red dots.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post