SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Please refresh my memory. Can I use my P320 .45
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please refresh my memory. Can I use my P320 .45 Login/Join 
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted
Slide and FCU in a grip module designed for the 9mm, .357 Sig and .40SW? I couldn't find a definitive answer. Thanks.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. You would need the 45 version grip module.

Posts: 459 | Location: ATL | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 45 ACP FCU will fit in a 9mm/40 cal/357 grip module and work perfectly with those caliber slides. You can’t go the other direction and use a 9mm FCU to function in a 45 ACP.

Posts: 172 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick responses guys, has either of you guys actually used a .45 FCU in a 9mm grip module, with your .45 slide on top? As you can see, we appear to be at odds...

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The reason Sig doesn’t market it this way is the the magazine takedown safety (not the real name) is disabled when using the 45 fcu for the other calibers. I might be saying it/remembering it wrong but that is the basic gist. Buy a 45 first and all calibers will work.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guinness301:
Nope. You would need the 45 version grip module.

I stand corrected. Good to know.

Posts: 459 | Location: ATL | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4sigman
posted Hide Post
And don't forget that if you put your 45 slide and frame in a 9mm grip module, your 45 magazines will not fit in the grip/magazine well.

Posts: 275 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: April 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. .45 module it is.

posted Hide Post
Wish I'd have known this when I got my 320 9. Good info

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post