SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 15 round mag question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 15 round mag question Login/Join 
posted
I just received one of the new 15 round magazines and I cannot load more than 5 rounds before the spring is too much pressure. Anybody have a better way or solution?

Posts: 93 | Registered: October 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by windypoint:
I just received one of the new 15 round magazines and I cannot load more than 5 rounds before the spring is too much pressure. Anybody have a better way or solution?

There has been discussion on this elsewhere, also. Some folks could not load more than 6 rounds, even with the UpLULA loader. The report was that SIG said there was a bad batch with bad springs. So, call them up and let them know about your problem. They'll send you a new one.

Posts: 26522 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
MagLula loader.

ETA: Oops, wasn’t aware of the problem 12131 pointed out.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I will call them.

Posts: 93 | Registered: October 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here we go again SIG...poor QC. Is the head of their QC the CEOs son-in-law?

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was seriously thinking about getting a P365 but doesn't seem like Sig has it together still.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I managed to get 15 in without the uplula, but my thumb hurt after. Let it sit a few days, cycle a few loads through the magazine, and it will take care of itself.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
I was seriously thinking about getting a P365 but doesn't seem like Sig has it together still.

Just loaded 15 with Uplula in my two. But what I don't understand is IF there was a problem with one of three size magazines, how would that be an excuse to not purchase this fine pistol.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I just received two more 15 rounders this weekend, but haven't checked them yet.

This is the first I'm hearing of the short loading issue with these.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I got a few. I was able to painfully stuff 14 in at first and the 15th went in the next day. It was stiff for sure.

Posts: 825 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I was able to load 15 rounds into my new magazine without resorting to an Uplula, but I've got to say, that was the tightest magazine I've ever loaded. I've got good grip strength, but could barely muscle the final round in.

Posts: 32564 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It hasn't turned me off the magazine, but it is by far the toughest to load that I have ever experienced in 40 years of different pistols. I invested in an UPLULA and it got them fully loaded.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post