SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 Gen 1,2,3 difference.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 Gen 1,2,3 difference. Login/Join 
Picture of Com 45acp
posted
Could someone explain to me the differ gens of this gun. I see differ people talking about Gen 1,2,3. And is there a date range of Gen 3’s to look for for a more reliable 365. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Com 45acp,

Posts: 521 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Past half way down this first page is a link to a YT video describing differences, to get you started.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1670022454/p/1

Ok, here it is:
https://youtu.be/tJEbvC58-ps?t=1

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The video is correct.

That said with my 2019 build P365, I am having issues with RTB (Return To Battery) with it.

I had significant RTB issues with both magazines. It did smooth out some after firing:

200 rounds of Sig 365 FMJ 115gr
20 rounds of Sig 365 JHP 115gr

It is better but not 100% reliable yet.

I called Sig in the middle of my range session. The customer service guy indicated that they had a # of common calls about RYB issues. He suggested a break-in of 350 rounds with using 124 gr ammo.

I’m not pleased about this.

The good part is that I have my own range. I can shoot & stop to clean the weapon or shoot all day anytime that I want to.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Com 45acp
posted Hide Post
Tells me to sign into YouTube, don’t have an account. So if someone would be so kind to explain. Thanks

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Does this work?

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Please be more specific in your title.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Com 45acp
posted Hide Post
Why do I need to be more specific? I had a question in reference to a Sig P365 and listed what I was looking for in the message portion of the thread.
Thanks to the ones that did answer my question.

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why do I need to be more specific?

Because it's rude to just put P365 and really isn't hard to write something like "Sig P365 variations?" or "Sig P365 different generations?". You are wasting people's time that click on the link only to find you had a specific question to which they don't have an answer.

Second, because the admin ask you nicely (ie, he said please). Instead you fire back like a brat teenager when someone who runs the board asks you nicely to do something.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Com 45acp
posted Hide Post
I didn’t fire back like a brat teenager, and I don’t need your juvenile response when I asked a legitimate question to the moderator’s response.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Com 45acp:
Could someone explain to me the differ gens of this gun.

Yes. There are none.

quote:
I didn’t fire back like a brat teenager, and I don’t need your juvenile response when I asked a legitimate question to the moderator’s response.

This is not going to end well for you.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This here is your explanation, OP. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...860079934#4860079934

Q

Posts: 26344 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why do I need to be more specific? I had a question in reference to a Sig P365 and listed what I was looking for in the message portion of the thread.
Thanks to the ones that did answer my question.

There are lots of threads started by members on the 365, each with specific questions, issues. And they were good enough to post something more in their title to allow us members to differentiate the threads without having to waste time opening them.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice video, but not completely accurate.

First off, there is no "official" Gen 1, 2 or 3. But there were running changes, of which the timing is still somewhat obscure.

For instance, mine has the barrel printing of Gen 2 in this video but the firing pin fillet of Gen 3. Mine is 10-July-2018.

Also what about the X-Ray sights? There were Trijicon and Sig. Any definite information of when which was used? And supposedly there are differences in the feed ramp, and possibly barrel to slide clearances to relieve peening.

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Com 45acp
posted Hide Post
12131 thank you for the link. I will update my thread title.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Because this isn't your house, homie.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Com 45acp
posted Hide Post
Gotta love the sarcasm.