SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hogue grips for Sig P220
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hogue grips for Sig P220 Login/Join 
posted
I'm looking around for a used P220 DA/SA, and want to be sure I buy a model that can accommodate the Hogue rubber grips, Model 20010 on the Hogue website.
Anyway, it appears that there are several "generations" or models of the P220, and the Hogue grips fit some gens or models, and not the others.
Here are three examples with different factory grips. Will the Hogue grips fit all of these?
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/File:SigP220Black.jpg
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/File:SIGP220R_Standard.jpg
https://www.safesidetactical.c...44-rail-ns-8rd-53694
Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gunsrfun1,

Posts: 17 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I think you will be good. I'm not aware of differences but perhaps someone else will chime in. You should be safe with a railed version P220 in 45. They are nice grips.

Posts: 3519 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The only side button mag release DA/SA P220 that I've seen that these grips wouldn't fit would be from 1985.

Any P220 that you have noted would be compatible with the grips you would want to use.

Let us know how it goes.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, very helpful.

Posts: 17 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of the Hogue grips don't fit with the long style hammer spring. I ran into this once. I took my die grinder to grips and made them fit however.

Jeeps...guns...German Shepherds!

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 29, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
As said, These grips will fit all the above.

A little more info regarding;
-SigArms revised the P220 pistol design (approx. 1998) with a new style mainspring system, and a new style trigger bar spring. Current grip (Rev. 10/98)has been revised to fit new and old systems.
The plastic shim included with the grip must be in place for guns with serial #219166 or below. The shim has the this # engraved into it. This is how to identify the shim.
Serial #s below 219166 place the small plastic shim inside the right grip panel.
Pistol receivers on serial #s 219166 and above are thicker on right side above mag button. Make sure the shim is removed for these newer pistols.
-New style has rounded hammer
-Old style hammer comes more to point

-Standard 220 grip does not fit 220 SAO model with rear 1911 style safety
-We do not offer a grip that will fit the 220 X6.
-Will fit SAS model, this gun has no decocker lever, grip panel will have slot for decocker.
-P220 R model simply refers to frame having an accessory "Rail", grips are the same.
-DAK compatibility assured by "Rev B" engraved inside both grip panels.
-Will fit P220 Carry model, frame is the same size, just the slide is shorter

-Wood grips are drilled to Not use stock lock washers. However if screws hit magizine lock washers can be used.
-Screw holes on rubber grips are drilled to use standard Lock Washers. Washers can be removed if more thread attachment is desired. In some cases, screw tips can touch magazine without washers. Use washers if this is the case.
-Blue Loc-Tite medium strength thread locker is strongly advised.
-See Help Calls for problems regarding screw hole locations
-Grip screws should be torqued to 13-15 inch lbs. A quality correct fitting 1/8" hex / Allen or slot driver is a must!

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post