SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Single Stack Striker Fired?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Sig Single Stack Striker Fired? Login/Join 
posted
Any rumors when Sig will release a single stack, striker fired, sub-compact, to compete with M&P Shield and G43?

posted Hide Post
No idea about Sig, but if you're looking for a single stack, striker fired pistol...why not an Honor Defense? They have a removable chassis that reminds one very much of the Sig P320, plus they offer at least one model (called the "FIST," and I'm not even joking about that), that allows one to throat punch their adversary while also delivering a ballistic payload. It's like a Taurus, except it usually works! Razz

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IRLJR:
Any rumors when Sig will release a single stack, striker fired, sub-compact, to compete with M&P Shield and G43?

And Kahr CM/PM-9

quote:
Always outnumbered, Never out gunned.

Posts: 1339 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: April 16, 2005Report This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
Sig can't keep up production with the guns they have now. There's no need to introduce something like this. If/when the Army contract kicks off things will be even worse.

The local Sig Master dealers are all pissed with Sig the way it is. According to the head salesperson at one local shot Sig canceled all back orders. This is a shop that buys 10s or even 100s of a particular model so it's not like they aren't an important customer.

I personally hope Sig doesn't introduce new models. I waited all last year for a P320 Target that was announced at the 2016 SHOT Show. The model never happened. 2017, out with the P320 Targets, in with the P320 X5. Production was suppose to start in early February with models being delivered by late February. Not a single one that I know of out in the wild.

MCXs... Try and find one, none locally. I was lucky enough to find one in 300 Blackout, some of the shops around here didn't even think they existed yet.

Another complaint from the local big Sig shops. They never know what parts of their orders will show up when. Litterally hundreds of thousands of dollars on order... They can never tell me when something will show up.

Please do NOT ask for completely new models for a while.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I like that idea . The p320 SC is almost the same size as the P239. I think that's a better choice.

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Report This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
Sig P365

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Report This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zacsquatch:
Sig P365

Small enough to carry "365" days a year.

quote:
Always outnumbered, Never out gunned.

Posts: 1339 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: April 16, 2005Report This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
Sig can't keep up production with the guns they have now. There's no need to introduce something like this. If/when the Army contract kicks off things will be even worse.

The local Sig Master dealers are all pissed with Sig the way it is. According to the head salesperson at one local shot Sig canceled all back orders. This is a shop that buys 10s or even 100s of a particular model so it's not like they aren't an important customer.

I personally hope Sig doesn't introduce new models. I waited all last year for a P320 Target that was announced at the 2016 SHOT Show. The model never happened. 2017, out with the P320 Targets, in with the P320 X5. Production was suppose to start in early February with models being delivered by late February. Not a single one that I know of out in the wild.

MCXs... Try and find one, none locally. I was lucky enough to find one in 300 Blackout, some of the shops around here didn't even think they existed yet.

Another complaint from the local big Sig shops. They never know what parts of their orders will show up when. Litterally hundreds of thousands of dollars on order... They can never tell me when something will show up.

Please do NOT ask for completely new models for a while.

Regarding finding out when a particular model will ship: as soon as you can squeeze that info out of them, let us know how you did it. We don't know when which guns will ship because SIG and every other manufacturer for that matter typically doesn't divulge that information. The ONLY time we know is when SIG (and the others as well) confirms that a particular gun is in hand at their shipping facility, or give a hint that the gun is about to enter back into their production cycle. Otherwise we're kept in the dark just like you are.

Frankly I do get awfully fed up with customers who whine about this incessantly, specifically with those who bug the shit out of us then when the gun arrives don't answer their phones or respond to the voice mails that we leave telling them that the gun they claimed that they wanted so badly is now in. Hell, I had a MPX come in two days after once customer last ranted weekly for over a month about how we couldn't tell them any arrival times for the gun, then to his discredit didn't come in to actually BUY it when we finally get them in.

As the quip goes: customers...retail would be such a nice career if only we didn't have to DEAL with them.

As for new carry models from SIG or anyone else: as far as I'm concerned, bring 'em on. We can use a new single stack carry; we have enough problems keeping in stock and acquiring further G43s, LCPIIs, LC9s and Shields in stock as it is. More options is good for us on the dealer side.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Would it be that hard to make one? In theory (and probably oversimplifying it), it would just take a different frame/module and magazine, using the same fire control and slide as a compact or subcompact.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
No. The idea of single stack is to make a significantly narrower gun. This would mean a narrower FCU, slide, grip frame, and, of course, single stack mags to go with it. So while it would be a closely related design, it would be new, and no parts would interchange.

As I said in the lead up to the intro to the P224, there is already an existing, on the market gun that is what SIG would likely design as single stack P320. As someone mentioned above, it's the Honor Defense Honor Guard. I know it's new gun by an unestablished manufacturer. That has to be taking into account. But if you look at the design, features, and method of operation, its VERY close to the P320.

quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Would it be that hard to make one? In theory (and probably oversimplifying it), it would just take a different frame/module and magazine, using the same fire control and slide as a compact or subcompact.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post