SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's your favorite AR brace?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your favorite AR brace? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm a tailhook guy personally. I've ran two pistols with them and they are a damn good brace. Nicer than the stocks depending on what you are running.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rvbgtr
posted Hide Post
Just got a Magpul BSL. Similar to the KAK Shockwave and Mission First Tactical Minimalist Stabilizer, but has a spring loaded detent so you can more easily collapse or expand the brace vs. the screw used on the KAK and MFT braces.

Magpul also has a BTR model that looks a lot like a Moe stock.

Posts: 798 | Location: Treasure Coast, FL | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Interesting, didn't know about the Magpul versions. The BTR looks promising with the quick sling mount on it.

Always liked the look of the tailhook. With all the glowing reviews, seems like I need to try one out.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
I’m not really an AR guy, but I do have a few AR pistols that if they change the rules regarding the braces, I will just SBR them. My preference is to have them get as small as they can when collapsed. Because of that, my favorites are the Maxim brace, the new SB Tactical HB-PDW (based on the Honey Badger brace) and finally, the SB-PDW.

In the pics below, from left to right are the Maxim, HB-PDW and then SB-PDW.

The HB-PDW has the best over all range from collapsed to the extended. However, the Maxim is able to be pulled-through to open it which is why I like it the best. The SB-PDW is the most affordable of the 3 and except for the shorter buffer tube and special buffer of the Maxim, is basically the same as the Maxim.

While not an AR brace, I also really like the triangle, side-folding brace on my AK-V.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I prefer SBA3 but SBA4 is a close second.

I wish the Sba3 was just a little longer and thicker but thats ergonomics for a big guy.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
SBA3 all day.

Grumpy

Can you give me some details for the one on the right. That’s good looking set up

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post