SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 with manual safety questions.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 with manual safety questions. Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
Any of you folks carry a Sig P320 with a manual safety? What are your thoughts on manipulating the safety? Are you finding it difficult because it’s too small or the location? Thanks.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am behind enemy lines half the time.

They require a safety.

The gun is safe for carrying without one.

Most Sigs do not have a safety except in Blue nanny states.

I have never used it while carrying them.

I have a p320 and various P365s all with safeties I never use except for loaded transport like in my range bag.

YMMV.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From time to time, I EDC a 320 Compact .45 with a manual safety. For me, it carries very much like a Colt Commander in size and weight. The safety is easily operated and placed properly for me to use it in the same way I use it with a 1911.
Bonus: The slide can operate with the safety on, making loading or unloading the gun just that much safer.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by techguy:
Any of you folks carry a Sig P320 with a manual safety? What are your thoughts on manipulating the safety? Are you finding it difficult because it’s too small or the location? Thanks.

I carry a m18. It took me less than a month of draw from conceal practice to automatically drop the safety during my draw. I don't remember manipulating the safety at all anymore as it is part of the motion. I've had the gun since late October and haven't forgot to drop the safety a single time in any training classes.

Posts: 16 | Registered: November 15, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
Most Sigs do not have a safety except in Blue nanny states.

I live in a blue nanny state. I have five different models of SIGs, and none of them have a safety except the P238, which is SAO and has a safety in every state where it is sold.

I think some nanny states are more nanny than others. Wink

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post