SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 1.0 - Underrated ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 1.0 - Underrated ? Login/Join 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
IMO, the M&P 1.0 is a mediocre pistol.
I had one of the first 200 or so off the assembly line. I had issues right from the start and returned it to S&W for repairs. I sold the pistol after it was returned and never thought of buying another one.

The 2.0 is the real underrated one.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like mine a lot. I did a trigger job on it and reworked the plunger which improved the trigger quite nicely. You can find how to do it on the internet.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
my 2012 M&P 357c (that's the compact in 357 SIG) is an accurate, dependable, relatively soft shooter...I'm not crazy about the trigger but mine is fine...

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I had an M&P 1.0 but sold it to help finance a Colt HBar. The trigger was fine but extraction failed at least once per magazine. It seems that S&W initially used the 0.40 caliber extractor for the 9mm. So I installed the Apex FRE. After that the function was fine but the grouping was 'good enough if close enough'. I really liked the ergonomics, preferred to the G17, but when thinking about spending money for a more accurate replacement barrel selling to it finance the HBar was preferred.

In retrospect, maybe I could have saved money for a few months and bought the barrel.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I had several M&P 1.0s. The 9L was my favorite- accurate, super reliable even when dirty. My M&P45 was disappointing- not as accurate as I had hoped but it was reliable. Not sure if I’d say underrated though as they had lots of hype despite a few hiccups.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post