SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Scored a P228!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scored a P228! Login/Join 
posted
Gents,

I just scored a very nice P228 at my local gun store in Salem, Oregon. The pistol was a trade-in...the owner had just sent it to GreyGuns for over $400.00 dollars of work(receipt was in the box).
Went to the range yesterday and have decided the pistol is a keeper...to be sure. Nice pistol at a good price. What could be better!

Wes

Posts: 2410 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Pics, or it didn't happen. Wink

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It didn't. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26192 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
It couldn't have.

Posts: 18013 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Three Texans said so. It must be true.

Q

Posts: 26192 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Truth be told! Wink
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Three Texans said so. It must be true.

Posts: 13790 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, I can't do pictures on your site...

Wes

Posts: 2410 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Congrats on your P228!

Posts: 9108 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skywag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weshowe:
Sorry guys, I can't do pictures on your site...

Wes

Ask a teenage for help.

Posts: 172 | Location: United States | Registered: January 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! And if another member hasn’t already offered, email a pic or two or however many to the email address in my profile and I’ll post them here for you.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
One does NOT need to go to the range to determine if a P228 is a 'keeper'...Just sayin' Wink

And by the way...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8772 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Posting a pic here for OP weshowe - if you’d like any more posted, just send them on!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weshowe:
Gents,

I just scored a very nice P228 at my local gun store in Salem, Oregon....

Went to the range yesterday and have decided the pistol is a keeper...

Wes

Gun Crafters? Always worth a visit if you're in town.

BTW, any P288 is a keeper.

Posts: 144 | Location: Utah | Registered: September 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"BTW, any P228 is a keeper", Well Vern, I couldn't have said it any better ! IMHO, anyone who buys a 9mm P.229 & is expecting just an newer version of the 228 is usually somewhat disappointed. ( At least from the people I've spoken with. ) There's just 'something' about that old 228's in relation to their size, & especially weight that tends to make us really appreciate them. Too bad that they only hold 13+1, but in reality, are those 2 additional rounds all that important when you consider the whole package ? I tended to forget just how fond I was of my 228, as I pretty much retired it when I Retired, preferring instead something a bit smaller as my new primary CCW. But when I started playing with it t again just recently, I truly realized just how much I missed it, & for now it will remain amongst my using pistols for at least the foreseeable future. Congratulations to the O/P on an apparently super P.228, especially so with all the Bruce Grey work on it !!!

Best, Dom P.

Posts: 156 | Location: New England Region, of USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice score. Congratulations!

Posts: 1544 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post