SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Please recomend a compact TDA for CC
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please recomend a compact TDA for CC Login/Join 
Picture of tarheelbball
posted Hide Post

Posts: 514 | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did not realize sig discontinued so many guns, especially the P225.

Posts: 232 | Registered: April 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted Hide Post
I carry the PX4 Compact in 9mm, and I find it carries well in tac trouser pockets.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 617 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the PX4 Compact.

It's truly a DA/SA Glock 19 in terms of size and capacity.
There are some SIGs that come close (2022 comes to mind) - but the length is actually a little shorter than the G19. This was important as I purchased it to try out Appendix Carry.

As much as I'd love a tricked out Compact Carry (and they ARE nice) - I just couldn't justify spending that kind of coin.
I simply added Talon grips, an extended mag release, put in a 12# mainspring, converted it to "G", took off the right side slide release & plugged it, and installed Stealth Levers.
Boom! Poor Man's Compact Carry Big Grin

Since I got an insane deal on a Compact, even with all of the above I still had less in it than what NIB guns go for.
(If you watch GB and know where to look, NIB Compacts can be found around $350-$380)

The amazing thing about the Compact is that it shots 10X better than the FS version. It shoots "bigger" than it really is. There's less felt recoil, and significantly less muzzle rise.

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very nice! Unfortunately, I would need a gunsmith to upgrade for me; either way I pay the price.

Posts: 232 | Registered: April 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post