SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Please recomend a compact TDA for CC
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please recomend a compact TDA for CC Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
HK P30SK. HK makes 10,13,and 15 round magazines for it. I usually CCW mine with 13 round magazine and it is same exact height as my Glock 19 but 10 round is nice for deeper conceal. Here is mine with 13 round magazine. Mine is LEM but HK also offers DA/SA with and without safety. HK P2000 might be another one to consider, Glock 19 size with 13 round capacity.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rjksx1:
is that the Compact "Carry"?

No, the standard Compact, but I did change some parts so it's pretty much a Compact Carry, minus the Cerakote finish and competition trigger. It's got the LTT "Fugly"/Stealth decocker lever combo, granulated Talon Grips, and a D hammer spring, too. I got a good deal on the base gun so it was still less than the Compact Carry by the time I was done. None of this stuff was necessary (well, except for the Talon Grips...the standard grip frame is pretty slick), but except for the Stealth decocker levers (I couldn't get any leverage to work them, so I got the "Fugly" lever to replace the left-side Stealth lever) I think they're worthwhile additions.

I plan on getting another one, but I have to admit I'm leaning towards getting the Compact Carry from the start.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Beretta PX4 Subcompact, Spreinfield XD-E.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I hate to seem dense but it is one of the few things I'm good at... what does 'TDA' actually stand for?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I hate to seem dense but it is one of the few things I'm good at... what does 'TDA' actually stand for?

Traditional Double Action?

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes: a sig 250 SC size in DA/SA

You do realize this was never produced? Forgive me if I missed a joke in there somewhere.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having a P250 SC, just saying it would be close to perfection if they did make it as a TDA.

Posts: 232 | Registered: April 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
Traditional Double Action?

Yep, AKA DA/SA.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
+1. I performed the same mods on a PX4 compact that I acquired at a stupid price. Absolutely a phenomenal shooter! I also have the compact carry but prefer the three dot sights of the base compact. Btw, I sold off my Sig P229’s & Cz’s after seeing what these pistols are capable off.

Before I bought the PX4 I tried it at a rental range side-by-side with a P229, as well as two Glock 19s (Gen4 and Gen5). I liked the PX4 better than the P229, including the trigger. The only negative to the PX4 was the slick grip which, as I mentioned, was fixed with a set of Talon Grips.

As for sights, I did get the Ameriglo night sights that come stock on the PX4 Compact Carry, which are plain black rear and a tritium front w/flourescent orange on the sight face. I have to admit that while I've always been on the fence regarding night sights, I like them. Not enough to convince me that night sights are essential, but I like them.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

posted Hide Post
So, convince me the PX4 compact carry is worth $800.

posted Hide Post
are they the Compact "CARRY"?

posted Hide Post
quote:

I think this video does a decent job describing the advantages of the Compact Carry.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjMhNjyYwk

As I said before, you don't really need the extras of the Compact Carry, but if you're going to be changing parts around like I did, you may be better off getting the CC from the beginning.

Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
quote:

I think this video does a decent job describing the advantages of the Compact Carry.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjMhNjyYwk

As I said before, you don't really need the extras of the Compact Carry, but if you're going to be changing parts around like I did, you may be better off getting the CC from the beginning.

Thanks

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
HK P30SK. HK makes 10,13,and 15 round magazines for it. I usually CCW mine with 13 round magazine and it is same exact height as my Glock 19 but 10 round is nice for deeper conceal. Here is mine with 13 round magazine. Mine is LEM but HK also offers DA/SA with and without safety. HK P2000 might be another one to consider, Glock 19 size with 13 round capacity.

Which trigger variant do you have and how does one decide?

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
HK P2000 or P30 sk.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
HK P2000SK. I looked at the P2000SK and P30SK V3 models and found the P30 felt slightly more ergonomic, but with all the changeable grip panels and back straps the P30SK felt somewhat "cheap" in the hand with the relative motion between the changeable grip parts. The P2000SK has only replaceable back straps and didn't feel "cheap" in the hand so that made my decision. P2000SK in 9mm and Top Gun Supply has them in stock.
https://www.topgunsupply.com/h...sa-fixed-sights.html
They are out of stock on the same model equipped with night sights and three magazines.
I waited quite a while trying to find the model with night sights in stock, and finally bought the model without night sights. Then I sent the slide to HK and they installed the night sights.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1531 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I started my own PX4 Compact build. I'm not a big fan of Beretta's Bruniton finish, so I have the INOX, with stealth levers decock only and D spring.

An FDE ceracote PX4 Compact can be had really cheap and it very well be the lowest cost way to a compact carry.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:

Which trigger variant do you have and how does one decide?

Mine is LEM which has the recessed hammer. LEM by design has a very long and light takeup most of the way and then resistance increases a bit to maybe 2-3 LBs and then you are at the wall which breaks at about 5.5 LBs. If you hate a really long takeup for the first shot you probably won't like LEM. It's all about personal preference. Out of the box the DA pull will be heavy with DA/SA trigger but it will get better with time.

Review of HK LEM and he shows a little on the trigger near the end.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK P2000sk, DA/SA, 9mm

Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol and CCW Instructor, Firearms Expert Witness - Fraternal Order of Police
*************************************************************************************************************
"Civilian marksmanship was appalling, for a population obsessed with guns." - Lee Child, "A Wanted Man"

Posts: 93 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
I've been considering the sub-compact PX4.

This is my EDC. 13+1 with a 17 rd backup mag w/sleeve. I carry a P30sk when I’m wearing gloves.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post