SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I need suggestions for iron sights for my G19 MOS w/optic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need suggestions for iron sights for my G19 MOS w/optic Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
I am having a bit of a hard time finding back up iron sights for my new G19 MOS wearing a Burris Fastfire III. The problem is making sure that the sights are actually tall enough to co-witness. I had no idea that there were so many out there and so many different heights.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I like the Trijicon Bright & Tough suppressor height sights. Use them on a G17 with a Burris Fast Fire III.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Trijicon. I've never ran a Burris, but they should co-witness just fine. I have an RMR06 on mine and I have plenty of irons to work with.

You could save a few and just get Trijicon fibers or blacked out if you didn't want NS.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the night fission line

Posts: 268 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. I do like the trijicon. I like the front sights that are thicker at the bottom, since they are so tall.

Dubagel, I will check them out.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I found these and like them: Glock fiber optic suppressor sights

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Dawson Precision has a line of sights made just for the Glock MOS that are taller that normal Suppressor sights:

https://dawsonprecision.com/si...lock-mos-sight-sets/

There's plain black, fiber, and tritium options. This page sends you to the sight sets, but if you hunt around a bit, you can also mix sights as well (ie: plain rear/tritium front, etc...).

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Dan. I ordered the ones I posted. Hopefully, they’ll be fine but if not I’m going to return them and get the Dawsons.

Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
Trijicon here on my mos, and rmr.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10-8 Precision plain black. He has an MOS height. I have them on my 45 MOS. There is an LE discount as well.

Edit: saw you ordered Dawson's offering. They're nice as well. I used to point folks to them before I found the 10-8s. Dawson will serve you well.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks DaBigDR.

I received the ones I posted the link to above. They seem a bit short but I think will work. I wouldn’t want the front sight much taller. For $40 I think they will do the trick.

posted Hide Post
I went with a set of Ameriglo GL-507 high sights paired with a Trijicon RMR on my Gen4 G19 MOS. I decided to use a completely blacked out (silhouette) set of sights to avoid having extraneous visible dots competing with the illuminated dot for my attention. So far the combination has worked reasonably well for me. For my next RDS setup I may try a front sight that does have a tritium tube, but I do like the rear having no dot or contrasting markings whatsoever.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post