SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Reshaping 365XL holster for 365X Macro
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reshaping 365XL holster for 365X Macro Login/Join 
Picture of sjames
posted
Afternoon, guys.

I’ve got a spare Tier 1 AIWB holster that I’d like to try to reshape for the Macro. The holster is two pieces but joined on one end by metal where the paracord goes through.

The gun can currently be forced into the holster so it is possible but obviously neither safe nor sound for carry/training.

I’m thinking I will loosen the retention a touch so there’s a range of adjustment and then try to form it around the new gun.

Here’s the question:

Am I right in thinking that I should heat the holster up and form it by inserting the pistol and pressing/forming to the gun?

Heat gun will do the trick I think

Before you say just buy another holster, etc, I will in due course and if I ruin this one, it’s no great loss.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I don't consider myself any kind of kydex bender but that is what I did. I had a very nice kydex for an XL with a Sig Foxtrot light. POS light by the way. Never going to use it as such so I added a big claw (fantastic, best idea ever in aiwb holsters) and took my wife's hair dryer when she wasn't looking. I heated and shoved, heated and shoved. I'm sure it wasn't the right way but it worked. That holster works fine now for a gun I will use. Good luck.

Heat gun definitely works but be careful because they can get TOO hot. Go slow.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the personal experience. I may give it a shot tomorrow.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post