SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a glock g45.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a glock g45. Login/Join 
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Yup, it is also my favorite Glock. I recommended it to my old PD and they are replacing their G21's with them.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My agency is in the process of issuing the department new 45's to everyone. I opted to carry my own pistol, a Glock 21, but they are making everyone go to the 45. I like my 21, but I really like the 45, in theory. I can't wait to actually shoot it.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has become my favorite pistol, by far.

I sent it to Agency Arms for AOS, and it became even better with an RMR.

Posts: 173 | Location: boston | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
It is a superb pistol. I liked mine so much that I bought a 34 gen 5 MOS. I plan on buying more gen 5 Glocks as they become available.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Current G45 owners: Is the grip texture the same as the Gen4 Glocks? Can't tell from photos.

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The grip texture remains the same as the Gen 4, & no finger grooves.
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
Current G45 owners: Is the grip texture the same as the Gen4 Glocks? Can't tell from photos.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have a G19X and a G45. Both are almost the same gun. I also have the latest gen 5 Glock 19 without the half moon cutout. I prefer the sand paper grip on the slide of the G19X vs the super slippery slide of the G45. The G19X/G45 are the most shootable, fastest back on target Glocks I have ever shot.

They are the pinnacle in Glock guns, in my opinion.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
the super slippery slide of the G45
That's pretty much the only semi-negative I can fine. It's a better finish compared to Gen4s, but it's a tad slick.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
the super slippery slide of the G45
That's pretty much the only semi-negative I can fine. It's a better finish compared to Gen4s, but it's a tad slick.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased a G45, replaced the sights with a black rear and fiber optic front sight. Love shooting it, my absolute favorite Glock.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Oh yes, it's got the tacti-serrations and it isn't hard to manipulate, but nothing is perfect and if I could have it my way, it wouldn't be quite as slick.

LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I LOVE the finish of the Gen5s and I don't mind the slippery nature of it though I do think Glock could mill the slide serrations about twice as deep AND on the rear of the slide, leave slightly elevated 'ears' like some other pistols have. They don't need to be Dumbo ears like a VP9. I think S&W M&Ps have something like what I'm talking about.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gotta say that I caved this week and started carrying my G45 instead of my G19Gen4 which has been my primary carry for 4+ years.

I found a nice hot spot where the Talon grips has bunched up when I installed them not quite perfectly them and it started rubbing against my skin - fixed that within the first 5 minutes with a couple of small snips of the scissors After that was fixed, I've found it easy to carry and conceal. Functionally not much bigger or heavier than the G19 with a loose t-shirt.

Also I'll say that the finish is not a 'slick' as I remembered - certainly more than the Gen4s but not as bad as I made myself believe.

Will probably carry it for the time being, as I'll only be around the house & property before going back to the G19 eventually, because as it gets hotter it'll be nice to have a tad lighter and smaller pistol on the belt.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
According to Glock it's only a half inch taller than the G19. Feels a lot bigger than that in the hand but in the holster I don't notice much difference.
Carrying owb is perfect in a Bravo Concealment holster. The bbl is short enough to still stay under an untucked shirt.
I also ordered a set of Ameriglo Hackathorns today. Gen 4's based on what Rhinowso posted on the previous page.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^
Great minds think alike - my OWB holster is a Bravo Concealment w/XC-1 for the G19/G45s. I have a Red River Tactical and Detroit Holster for IWB carry. I've found that with those holsters, Gen 4/5 G19s and G45s fit just fine.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Anyone having issues with the front serrations in duty holsters?

Or is it just me? Using Safariland ALS 6360RDS holster.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, can't help w/ duty holsters, but I haven't had any issues in CCW holster with either the G45 or a G19.4 FS that I have.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Also picked up a gen 5 g19.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the gun, just HATE the front slide serrations. Can you find them without them, or have them filled in somehow?

Posts: 473 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Twist18:
I like the gun, just HATE the front slide serrations. Can you find them without them, or have them filled in somehow?

I dont understand why but you could get a 19x.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post