SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Own a SIG P220 again. E2 vs Houge G10 grips.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Own a SIG P220 again. E2 vs Houge G10 grips. Login/Join 
Picture of usp_fan
posted
I had the good fortune to pick up an unfired 220 locally. It came with the E2 grips. I like how they feel, but also like the ease of grip screws for disassembly. Can anyone share how the Houge G10 grips compare in size? I have medium hands and the old style plastic 220 grips are almost too big as a point of reference. On my last 220, I had the short trigger and slim grips which worked well for me.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Hogue G10 and aluminum grips are slimmer than the stock plastic grips, but the E2 is slimmest.
So, [thickest]Stock plastic > G10 > E2[slimmest]

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
Thanks Q. Compared to the old "Slim" grips, do you know how the Houges size?

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I don't know if the size is actually any different, but the G10 "feel" slimmer. I'll take G10 over e2 every day and twice on Sunday. Only Sig I have that doesn't run G10 is my duty weapon, and that's only because the Firearms Unit doesn't approve anything other than factory supplied grips. I tried the "they put them on the Legions" argument and got shot down.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
Great to know. Time to look for some G10's it sounds like.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usp_fan,

posted Hide Post
I tend to put G10 on everything as the provide me the best grip with the diamond pattern. The E2, for me, are slick

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post