SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tisas Zigana PX-9...Cheap deal alert!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tisas Zigana PX-9...Cheap deal alert!! Login/Join 
Hot Fuzz
Picture of Turbo216
posted
I stopped by the one of my favorite gun shops today and although they did not have what I was looking for, the counter guy showed me something I'd never heard of, a Tisas Zigana PX-9. I know Tisas makes some good 1911 clones and for $229.90 I figured I'd be stupid not to buy it. The salesman had good things to say about them I quickly watched a couple positive Youtube reviews and confirmed his recommendation.

It's basically a Springfield XD clone (minus the Grip Zone Wink and grip safety) that uses P226 magazines!! It has 3 dot tritium night sights, an ambi safety, three back straps, and a decent retention paddle holster. The finish appears to be nitride and the feed ramp is nicely polished. The trigger is supposed to be 7.25 pounds, but it feels much lighter and I would describe it as a mildly mushier version of my post "upgrade" P320 trigger.

From what I read, Tisas made a ton of these for the Philippines National Police and the over-run was imported here. There is a small police badge on the left side of the slide and "PNP Property" engraved on the right side of the slide.

Take down was simple. The pistol was nicely oiled from the factory and had no left over manufacturing shavings in the slide rails, barrel or other crevices. I won't be able to get on the range until tomorrow, but here's a couple pics to hold you guys over until the report.

Hater of fun since 2001!

Posts: 587 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
The problem with any of these lesser known pistols is parts availability down the road.

Star, Vektor, etc. I’m sure it’s a good firearm, but if you ever need a spring or extractor or whatever warranty issue, it’s not going to be easy to get… as opposed to the 5,734,893 spare parts available for a Glock/SIG/HK/Walther

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Yes, but at that price, you can buy one more as a "parts" gun. Wink

Posts: 2661 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked one of these up a few weeks ago , very nice , well made , shoots right on , very good gun BUY IT , you`ll be glad you did for the price I paid a little more than that for mine , they work .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Hope it works out well for you. Lots and lots of deals right now. One can get a brand new Beretta APX-1 optics ready for $272 after rebate.

https://gun.deals/product/bere...2-add-cart-get-price

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Lots and lots of deals right now.

Is this one of those "Get Your Stuff, it's quiet now" moments in time??

Haven't paid attention.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hot Fuzz
Picture of Turbo216
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turbo216:
I was able to get 150 rounds through it today. I started with Federal 115 fmj that were factory seconds (sticker said accuracy and bullet flaking) and it was shooting at about 4 inches.

I got the best group with Speer Lawman 124 fmj's. I was very impressed and it looks like I should write that salesman a Thank You letter!! Overall the gun shoots very soft and I had no issues of any kind during today's outing.

I'll probably take Rawny's advice and buy a second, you know, for "parts."

Hater of fun since 2001!

Posts: 587 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The sights on mine are dead on , it came with the fact type night sites , shoots great , they are a very nice package .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post