SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 AXG Legion
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 AXG Legion Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
SIG's email for this pistol: "Carry what defines you'

What a load of horse shit. Carry what defines me? What, a large pepperoni pizza?

I am so sick of the marketing bullshit. The pistols that made SIG-Sauer famous sold themselves; the P220, 225, 226, 228 et al. These pistols were of exceedingly high quality. All black, no logos or bullshit.

I am sick of the excessive marketing, with logos and "lines" and matching knives made in China and all of it from the twenty-something marketing mules SIG has hired to push merchandising at us. Frankly, I find it sickening.

Posts: 107614 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The SIG Sauer P365 AXG Legion. If you're not carrying a it, you're just carrying a gun.

Q

Posts: 26409 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
SIG's email for this pistol: "Carry what defines you'

What a load of horse shit. Carry what defines me? What, a large pepperoni pizza?

I am so sick of the marketing bullshit. The pistols that made SIG-Sauer famous sold themselves; the P220, 225, 226, 228 et al. These pistols were of exceedingly high quality. All black, no logos or bullshit.

I am sick of the excessive marketing, with logos and "lines" and matching knives made in China and all of it from the twenty-something marketing mules SIG has hired to push merchandising at us. Frankly, I find it sickening.

Well said, I couldn’t agree more. I carried an Sig P226 and P220 as a patrol cop for more than a decade. Their marketing slogan of “To hell and back reliability” meant something-my P226 never failed to go bang. My P220 was fine too, although I preferred the 226. This current stuff from Sig, well…..I bought a Glock Wink

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's not a fashion accessory, not a "lifestyle"(ugh! Roll Eyes), and it's not a defining characteristic of one's personality; it's a tool, and one only needs the tool which will do the job. Anything beyond that is meaningless.

If SIG-Sauer wants to target people who purchase firearms which look good on Instagram, they can have at it, but really, I know I am not alone when I say SIG-Sauer loses respect with the adults in the room- the older consumers who over the decades have formed SIG's base in the biggest consumer market of firearms in the world.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
SIG Sauer - We are the GQ / Cosmopolitan of the firearm world.

Q

Posts: 26409 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I don't know how SIG-Sauer compares in this respect to other high-end firearms manufacturers. Certainly, all of them must push this hogwash at least to some degree in order to remain competitive, but I can speak knowledgeably only about SIG's marketing behaviors, because of my relation to this forum.

Where in the spectrum of this kind of nonsense does SIG-Sauer fall?

posted Hide Post
I which this came with different sizes of interchangeable grip backstraps. I hope Wilson Combat has interchangeable grip backstraps on their MACRO grip frame when it comes out.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Where in the spectrum of this kind of nonsense does SIG-Sauer fall?

The same as everyone else. The only difference is Sig has more product launches than their competitors so we get it more often.

quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
I which this came with different sizes of interchangeable grip backstraps. I hope Wilson Combat has interchangeable grip backstraps on their MACRO grip frame when it comes out.

They are G10 and it's possible grip makers like Hogue and LOK Grips will make larger grips and "mainspring housings" for lack of a better term.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nothing SIG USA has to offer qualifies as "high-end", to me. They just act like they are. Their Xguns try to be, and the rest of the Custom Shop / Custom Works offerings are gimmicks.

Q

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Why would I want a fat CCW gun with a short site radius? If I'm going to carry something with the grip dimensions of a larger gun, I'm going to carry something with the benefits of a larger gun (e.g. site radius and barrel length).

Heck, it's grip is even 0.1" thicker than a P320-X compact only 0.2" shorter.

If I was going to give Sig my hard earned money, it'd go towards one of the:
  • P320 compact versions with the extra 0.4" of site radius not their latest gimmick.
  • P365 XL which is slimmer, shorter, and has a longer site radius than their latest gimmick

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23264 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    What SIG NH does is a reflection of its CEO. It's the same pattern he put in place at Kimber, and made boatloads of cash in doing what he did there. Which is why SIG hired him away in the first place.

We've probably all heard about some of the horror stories over Kimber's QC, especially during the time when Cohen was running things. We've seen and made cracks about SIG's propensity for having early adopters be their beta testers, again most of this during the Cohen tenure.

The hard reality is that SIG doesn't make their guns for us who subscribe to the KISS principle. Those don't move in numbers that make Cohen's bean counter minions happy. They instead built their stuff for those who constantly want a different flavor of the week, which I admit even occasionally strikes that 'want' nerve in many of us.

It's been a business model that makes Corporate (i.e., the guys back in Germany who actually own SIG USA) very, very happy, but leaves much to be desired for those who simply want great quality in a gun with none of the BS baggage. "Show me the money" never rang truer than how it does at Newington.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    bigger government
    = smaller citizen
    Picture of Veeper
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by 12131:
    The SIG Sauer P365 AXG Legion. If you're not carrying a it, you're just carrying a gun.

Honestly we’re not very far off from Idiocracy marketing:

“SIG Sauer P365 Legion XXX MOFO. New for this year only. If you’re not carrying it, you’re a dick.”

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of JMag
    posted Hide Post
    I am inoculated against marketing fluff and line extension b.s.

JMag
    "The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Still finding my way
    Picture of Ryanp225
    posted Hide Post
    Sig P365 Legion... It's what plants crave.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by monoblok:
    It's been a business model that makes Corporate (i.e., the guys back in Germany who actually own SIG USA) very, very happy, but leaves much to be desired for those who simply want great quality in a gun with none of the BS baggage. "Show me the money" never rang truer than how it does at Newington.

Nope, Sig Sauer is a U.S. company now. The German operation got shut down by the German government for violating export regulations. Specifically selling SP2022's to the U.S. Government who in turn gave them to a country in South America. German government said Sig Sauer Germany did not have authorization to let the guns end up in South America and should not have sold to U.S. Government if that was the intent.

According to insiders, Sigarms U.S. was nearly out of business because they could not compete with Glock and sales were down. I don't like the way Cohen does things, but all the special tarted up models do drive sales, which drives profits, and keeps them in business.

Personally, I have all of the Legion SAO versions of the Classic line. They are great pistols, because they are just enhanced versions of already great pistols.

Not sure about the AXG 320 or 365 though. I'm not sold on the slide comp idea and I think it's a fad that will die quickly. I also like having thumb safeties on these guns.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Oriental Redneck
    Picture of 12131
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
    quote:

Nope, Sig Sauer is a U.S. company now. The German operation got shut down by the German government for violating export regulations. Specifically selling SP2022's to the U.S. Government who in turn gave them to a country in South America. German government said Sig Sauer Germany did not have authorization to let the guns end up in South America and should not have sold to U.S. Government if that was the intent.

According to insiders, Sigarms U.S. was nearly out of business because they could not compete with Glock and sales were down. I don't like the way Cohen does things, but all the special tarted up models do drive sales, which drives profits, and keeps them in business.

SIG SAUER USA (formerly SIGARMS) is a US company, but it is still owned by L&O Holding, a German group. They also own SIG Sauer AG (formerly SAN Swiss Arms AG) and owned the now defunct SIG Sauer GmbH & Co. KG (what I usually abbreviate to SIG DE). The SP2022 fiasco resulted in the German government, in 2014, banning SIG DE from exporting firearms. The export ban, plus others things that constrained production, might have contributed to the eventual SIG DE being permanently shuttered in late 2020. The German government didn't actually "shut down" SIG DE. It was SIG's decision.

Q

posted Hide Post
    quote:
    What SIG NH does is a reflection of its CEO. It's the same pattern he put in place at Kimber, and made boatloads of cash in doing what he did there. Which is why SIG hired him away in the first place.

We've probably all heard about some of the horror stories over Kimber's QC, especially during the time when Cohen was running things. We've seen and made cracks about SIG's propensity for having early adopters be their beta testers, again most of this during the Cohen tenure.

The hard reality is that SIG doesn't make their guns for us who subscribe to the KISS principle. Those don't move in numbers that make Cohen's bean counter minions happy. They instead built their stuff for those who constantly want a different flavor of the week, which I admit even occasionally strikes that 'want' nerve in many of us.

What a great summary Mono. IMO this is why we see so many SKU’s being dropped from production with each new catalog release (yearly). Real soon that wise that holds all of the obsolete tools and dies is gonna get full….

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post