SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Given The Choice Of Berettas, Would You Rather Have An M9 Or An M92FS?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Given The Choice Of Berettas, Would You Rather Have An M9 Or An M92FS? Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Why the change to the uglier slant cover? Is it easier to make? stronger?

It is widely thought that the change was to strengthen the frame for the .40 caliber models, but this has never been officially confirmed anywhere.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
Neither to the M9 or M92FS here too. But the 92A1 or LTT is a tough decision.

Can I change my answer?

Wink

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
No. Das internutz hist forevaahhh!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I had been searching for a 92 Centurion for sometime and stumbled upon a 92G in rough shape. I purchased it and sent it off to Cummings custom who restored its finish to a work of art. I’ve since added Langdons TJIAB, elite hammer & D spring mods. My search for the perfect Beretta is over..

This may now be my quest. I just started looking intently a few weeks ago. So far, no dice. I'd have to get it milled for night sights, and likely refinished. New grips. Etc. I just went through this with my 1989 BHP.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
This thread makes me want to get an m9 and add a Jarvis barrel.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
CDNN is running a Memorial Day sale. They had the same sale previously; it's the price plus transfer fee plus in-state sales tax that's caused me to hesitate. If you don't have to pay the 8.25% sales tax then I think it's really a pretty good deal.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I had been searching for a 92 Centurion for sometime and stumbled upon a 92G in rough shape. I purchased it and sent it off to Cummings custom who restored its finish to a work of art. I’ve since added Langdons TJIAB, elite hammer & D spring mods. My search for the perfect Beretta is over..

This may now be my quest. I just started looking intently a few weeks ago. So far, no dice. I'd have to get it milled for night sights, and likely refinished. New grips. Etc. I just went through this with my 1989 BHP.

I can't believe this worked out. I got a 95% condition Beretta 92FS Centurion TODAY. I put a "want to buy" on the VA Gun Trader like 11AM for grins, and a collector who lives 20 minutes from me responds within 30 minutes. He got it from a local gun store 2-3 years ago, box but no paperwork; maybe 1K rounds through it total. 90 minutes later I own it. Need to take some pictures.

He already added a D spring and a full length metal guide rod. DA/SA trigger is pretty good but with lots of take-up on SA. I've gotten spoiled with my DW Guardian and super-tuned BHP SAO triggers, and my Springfield EMP is also pretty sweet.

I have somewhat large hands, but yep, I'm going to get some ultra thin grips, likely Wilson Combat, It is definitely somewhat boxy in my hands, and I've heard the really thin, high quality grips help a lot. Only came with 2 Beretta 15-rd magazines, looks like most folks like the Mec-Gar 18 rounders with anti-friction coating.

I generally insist on night sights on all my pistols, but with the integral front post on the slide, that looks really spendy to have done. So, probably will have to wait.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Give me a made in Italy 92FS.

Posts: 717 | Location: Keystone State  | Registered: November 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post