SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Given The Choice Of Berettas, Would You Rather Have An M9 Or An M92FS?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Given The Choice Of Berettas, Would You Rather Have An M9 Or An M92FS? Login/Join 
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Both. Like in a John Woo movie.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
whichever I can more readily swap to a 92G configuration.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:
For me, the grip of the 90-Two felt nothing like either the M9 or the 92FS.

It seemed to me that the top of the backstrap resembled the M9 more than it does that of the M92FS; my wild guess was that trigger reach on the M9 would be fine for me.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
whichever I can more readily swap to a 92G configuration.

They're the same in that regard.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tough call.

It's pretty much a coin toss for me, but I think I'd be inclined to go with the M9 since it seems likes it might be closer to my mid-90s 92FS than the current 92FS. Can't really say for sure since I haven't handled any of the current generation 92s, but that'd be my guess based on what I've read/seen.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
M9 would be my choice.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d go M9, or better yet Langdon LTT. Langdon also does a pimped out m9 as well

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
M9

1. no warnings on the frame

2. I-dot sight

3. straight dustcover

Posts: 622 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:
For me, the grip of the 90-Two felt nothing like either the M9 or the 92FS.

It seemed to me that the top of the backstrap resembled the M9 more than it does that of the M92FS; my wild guess was that trigger reach on the M9 would be fine for me.

You might be right. Certainly, the 90-Two grip did not have the small recurve at the top of the back strap that the 92FS has. It has been quite a long time since I have held a 90-Two, but as I recall its grip had a Vertec-like feel compared to that of the 92 series, and many people find the trigger reach on the Vertec less problematical than that of the 92FS/M9.

The 90-Two also had two different thicknesses of wrap-around polymer grip available which made a significant difference in trigger reach. Although I am given to understand that the pistol came stock with the thicker grip and that the thinner grip was somewhat difficult to find.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M9. No stupid warning on the frame .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 92FS in Brigadier heavy-slide...

Pure shooting pleasure that is (doesn't conceal carry well)

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M9, then G conversion and D spring or better yet the LTT trigger job in a bag.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neither

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Neither to the M9 or M92FS here too. But the 92A1 or LTT is a tough decision.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I had been searching for a 92 Centurion for sometime and stumbled upon a 92G in rough shape. I purchased it and sent it off to Cummings custom who restored its finish to a work of art. I’ve since added Langdons TJIAB, elite hammer & D spring mods. My search for the perfect Beretta is over..

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I bought a 92FS in the mid 90's that had a straight dust cover and bar-dot sights. Was it an anomaly? I'd like to find another one.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
I bought a 92FS in the mid 90's that had a straight dust cover and bar-dot sights. Was it an anomaly? I'd like to find another one.

Nope, that's just how they were made back then. The slant dust cover frame was introduced sometime in the early 2000s.

The change was never applied to the M9 because Beretta isn't allowed to make changes to the TDP of the M9 without Army approval.

That said, Beretta USA has in the recent years started making normal commercial 92s with straight dust covers again, probably to save time from having to switch tooling between commercial and military productions.

However Pietro Beretta (Italy) continued to make new 92FSs with slant dust cover.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Why the change to the uglier slant cover? Is it easier to make? stronger?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
Well, I have an M9A1 and I would buy it again over the two choices given in this poll.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
M9

The main reason is the straight dustcover. To me it's just more aesthetically pleasing the the Italian slanted ones.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post