SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    TISAS Turkish 1911A1
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TISAS Turkish 1911A1 Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The Springfield defender mil spec at $450 is a comparable option.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Bud’s has them for $366 with free shipping...

https://www.budsgunshop.com/pr...1+45+acp+5+7rd+black

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

There you go. That’s a better deal.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3976 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:

There you go. That’s a better deal.

I'd go springfield over any of these. A cheap pistol is not a cheap pistol after you have to pay once or twice to send it back for warranty repairs.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Buds has these but they are not $450, it's $506 and thats a significant increase over the TISA's for $366.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/pr...p/products_id/113617

Posts: 23523 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Buds has these but they are not $450, it's $506 and thats a significant increase over the TISA's for $366.

There are multiple dealers with them on funbroker for $450 or just under.

Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Well I went and bought this one today::

I’ll do a write up on it and my first 50 rounds.
It was $495 OTD
I like it more than the ATI I had, this is better machined and it shoots as well as the Springfield Champion I had

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The Springfield is head and shoulders above the Turkish gun.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbacker_99:
quote:
quote:

The Springfield is head and shoulders above the Turkish gun.

Have you held either one and compared side by side?

Do that before passing judgment.

I prefer to buy American I’ve had many many Springfields. There guns in the 600-700 range are rougher than the Girsan I just bought.
I’ve had all my Springfield champions and loaded models give me a few issues from the start. And they have never cycled as smooth as the Girsan out of the box.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
Well I went and bought this one today::

I’ll do a write up on it and my first 50 rounds.
It was $495 OTD
I like it more than the ATI I had, this is better machined and it shoots as well as the Springfield Champion I had

Nice! Looking forward to your range report. That two tone look is growing on me.

Just saw your other thread Big Grin

Posts: 1363 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Nframe asks a good question, of those expressing favor of the Springfield, who actually owns either, or have shot either, the probability being high that the answer is...None.

As to the Springfield being available for $450, all that proves is that its still $100 more than the street price of $360 for the TISA.

Posts: 23523 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nframe asks a good question, of those expressing favor of the Springfield, who actually owns either, or have shot either, the probability being high that the answer is...None.

As to the Springfield being available for $450, all that proves is that its still $100 more than the street price of $360 for the TISA.

Perhaps, but warranty support on the Springfield is excellent, resale is easily much better and easier to sell the springfield. The Springfield mil spec has been around decades and proven. I only buy proven brands. I recently bought a new S+W shield 9mm for $200 after rebate figuring if I want to leave it in my truck or etc it's cheap enough. I have no need or use for it really, BUT I know that from S+W it will work right out of the box, is a quality product, and if it doesn't work S+W pays shipping both ways for warranty.

Just depends on what you're looking for I guess.

Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Iframe asks a good question, of those expressing favor of the Springfield, who actually owns either, or have shot either, the probability being high that the answer is...None.

Perhaps, but warranty support on the Springfield is excellent, resale is easily much better and easier to sell the springfield. The Springfield mil spec has been around decades and proven. I only buy proven brands. I recently bought a new S+W shield 9mm for $200 after rebate figuring if I want to leave it in my truck or etc it's cheap enough. I have no need or use for it really, BUT I know that from S+W it will work right out of the box, is a quality product, and if it doesn't work S+W pays shipping both ways for warranty.

Just depends on what you're looking for I guess.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nframe,

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Hard say if the Warranty response will be different, having had neither Springfield or TISAS.

At $360 it's less than I've paid for some used guns, while the Springfield is interesting I'm not interested in their guns only the TISA, but it's good to know alternatives...

Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Also looking forward to a range report.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CDNN has the Tisa Commander w/rail version in 9mm for under $400. Tempting, as I already have (2) 9mm 1911s.

I was paid $7.54/HR to go into harm's way so you didn't have to.

Posts: 646 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post