SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    TISAS Turkish 1911A1
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TISAS Turkish 1911A1 Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
LGS has started to carry these, $399 MSRP so it can be had for a little less. Handled one last night, trigger isn't bad at all, it's very tight, no slide rattle, has the flat Army style coating, no super gloss or Wick style accouterments.

Basic 1911 and for $399 it appears to be a decent buy, reviews seem to indicate it's a decent low cost alternative. Think it might be worth picking up at that cost, suppose you could add all the aftermarket geewizbang items you'd like.

Thinking buy it drag it across the dirt, rocks, metal, give it a battle worn look LOL

Anyone shoot one, comments appreciated, I can't see how you'd go wrong....

Anyone that hasn't shot one or seen one, feel free to add in the two cents that you'd never buy a $399 1911, and that nobody should buy one from Turkey because of some political reason, and don't forget to suggest a Glock! Razz

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MK8ffcLL3A

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
I’ve had my eye on them online but have never seen one in person. First heard about them from Classic Firearms and the basic model there has a 4.9 of 5 stars from almost 50 people. Bud’s has a 4.9 out of 5 stars from almost 400 people!!

Very cool that you got to put hands on one. I’m not big into 1911s or even .45s but I feel like everyone should have at least one, just cause. I’ve been considering picking up one of the new Kimber LW models for $600, but I may get one of these instead. Although the Kimber is available in stainless which I dig.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prepsheriff
posted Hide Post
A member on one of the local gun boards is selling his for $400.00, has shot 150 rds through it, very tempted.

Airborne ! All the Way!!

Posts: 904 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: January 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My questions would include-
Compatible with standard mags?
Common 1911 aftermarket gizmos good to go?
Functions reliably with a variety of defensive ammo?

$400 is a very tempting price for a reliable 1911 from anyone; I couldn’t care less if it’s produced in Turkey.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prepsheriff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
My questions would include-
Compatible with standard mags?
Common 1911 aftermarket gizmos good to go?
Functions reliably with a variety of defensive ammo?

$400 is a very tempting price for a reliable 1911 from anyone; I couldn’t care less if it’s produced in Turkey.

All good questions to ask...thanks!

Airborne ! All the Way!!

Posts: 904 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: January 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Military Arms Channel also gave it good marks...I’m interested Smile...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No! My shop quit selling them. We had a 40 percent return rate on them.

RIA makes a better one for a similar cost. Springfield makes basic model for about a hundred bucks more.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prepsheriff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

RIA makes a better one for a similar cost. Springfield makes basic model for about a hundred bucks more.

Well that's a game changer...good to know, thanks!

Airborne ! All the Way!!

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:

How long ago was that? The very early models (4-5yrs ago) had terrible reviews, but the ones in the last year or two are extremely highly rated.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why were they returned?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have a $400.00 RIA and I couldn't be happier with it.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My cheapie is an Armscor Citadel. I believe I paid $375 for it. It had a poorly fitted slide stop that resulted in the common problem of locking back the slide with one round remaining in the magazine. It went back to Armscor and they fixed it quick. Runs like a top now and pretty accurate, too. Has all the usual bells and whistles we like on the modern 1911.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mostly FTF and FTE. Two had badly flawed barrels. It has been two years. If they've changed, great. I haven't seen it.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At about 6:20 in the video the moderator answers the standard magazine compatibility question - it's a yes.

Posts: 33 | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"Will it feed modern self defense ammo?"

Well if it was made to truly be a clone of a 1911A1, then it wasn't designed to, it was built to feed 230gr hardball. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if it didn't like JHPs.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with wanting an inexpensive 1911 in your battery. That said it pays to do research such as posing the question about quality as done in this thread. An informed purchase will serve well for years.

Despite having a number of name brand 1911s, back in 2006 I sought a "cheap" 1911 to serve as a "beater." AMSCOR rose to the top as a good bet. Ended up with a Charles Daly Field EFS (Philippine ARMCOR made), a 70 Series pattern gun. Upon receipt took it out and ran 500 rounds of various ammo through it rapid fire at 25 yards. Didn't skip a beat. Ended up swapping out a few parts (grips, trigger, slide release, guide rod and plug) as personal preference. Have a Storm Lake 400 Cor-Bon barrel that I use in it augmenting the factory 45ACP setup. It continues to serve well and was indeed a good purchase. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16213 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I looked at and fiddled with a commander size today with a rail. Price was $495. It was a two tone felt pretty good for the price. Trigger was acceptable and the slide was smooth enough. I’m spoiled with my Dan Wesson’s and Baer’s. I may still give it a try.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
I too looked at the Turkish 1911's but went with an ATI FX Commander that was $380 with tax and transfer (shipped free- grab a gun IIRC). Made by Shooters Arms Mfg of the Philippines. Some extra goodies than a GI model (extended beavertail, larger safety, grip safety memory pad and commander hammer). Sights are like GI but larger.

I was impressed, no issues feeding, firing and ejecting. Only issues were crappy grip panels and sights slightly off (shot a too low) but both issues easily fixed.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
No experience with this, but I'll add that my RIA 1911a1 that I picked up for $379 has been absolutely solid for the 500+ rounds I've got through it so far.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
I have been looking for a beater 1911. Classic Firearms has the Tisas for $340. For the price and some what decent reviews, I might have to grab one of these.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post