SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P228 Questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 Questions Login/Join 
posted
I have some questions on finding out the date of manufacturer for my p228. I did post earlier but that post is gone. thanks

Posts: 4 | Registered: September 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Have you taken the date code and S/N on your P228 and cross referenced it against the list stickied above your post?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kush19:
I have some questions on finding out the date of manufacturer for my p228. I did post earlier but that post is gone. thanks

If you're just asking about the date, then it shouldn't be nuked, unless you piggybacked a buying or selling question on it. Thinking about selling something is a no no in this section, fyi.

Q

Posts: 26521 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw your earlier post and am not surprised it was deleted. I’m gonna risk posting to try to help you out.

Maybe you’re new to forums, particularly firearm forums. But there’s some generally accepted behaviors and generally prohibited behaviors.

Price checks are very much frowned upon. That was your earlier post. Bad form. Don’t do that.

Your current question is more appropriate, but it’s something that is usually able to be answered by checking the stickies. Sticky posts are threads that answered commonly asked questions already. They’re located at the top of the forum. Read them and they usually answer your basic questions.

If you can’t find the answer there (you will), then you need to make a post that has useful information. This post is completely lacking in that regard.

Welcome to the forum. Take some time to read a lot of posts to get the idea of general etiquette. There are a lot of very helpful people here. And it’s not an unreasonably strict forum, but there is appropriate and inappropriate.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1862 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Just to add a thought to BuddyChryst's post, often whatever questions a new member has, it has been asked and answered before...often many times over many years. Try to get in the habit of using the forum search feature before posting to see if your question has been answered previously...especially if you think that your question might be a common one. If your question isn't answered then ask away, but try to provide the necessary info to answer it.

Welcome to the forum!

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys I didn't think about that. I'm not trying to sell the gun. I would like to find out about this gun and what the proof marks stand for.I have had this gun for at least 30 years.
I'll do a search and see what i can find.

Thanks

Posts: 4 | Registered: September 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vincent317
posted Hide Post
OP Click on this link in 12131's signature line and you will find a world of info on the P228.* P228 factoids *

Posts: 593 | Location: NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kush19:
Sorry guys I didn't think about that. I'm not trying to sell the gun. I would like to find out about this gun and what the proof marks stand for.I have had this gun for at least 30 years.
I'll do a search and see what i can find.

Thanks

The proof marks and the 2-letter date code info are contained in the serial number thread stickied at the top of this page.

Q

Posts: 26521 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post