SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Good internal parts upgrade for Tisas 1911 45 auto
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good internal parts upgrade for Tisas 1911 45 auto Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
I'm purchasing one of the Tisas 1911's that is a copy of the Government model. Should have it this week. It parallels Springfield Armories old GI 45 series.

The only external changes I'm making is installing a Commander hammer and a Colt "rat tail" grip safety.

I'm going to try the trigger first. If I decide to upgrade the internals, what are some good choices for drop in sear, disconnector ?

The pistol is a Series 70 clone. I also like the short trigger, basic sights and single side military safety. Most likely the internals are MIM parts.

I just simply like a basic 1911, can't afford eg Les Bauer, Dan Wesson, and don't want them. I had rather spend money on having the gun treated in Ion Bond matte black.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used Cylinder & Slide for 1911 parts. They are usually priced right and have worked well for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15989 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I have one cheaper gun with all EGW parts in it. Another with a Brazos drop in hammer sear combo kit.

Posts: 21041 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good recommendations so far. I would also highly recommend checking out Harrison Design (John Harrison).

I've had my Tisas completely stripped, and I don't think there's any MIM parts used.

Posts: 780 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Don't forget, if you change the sear you might end up needing to replace the safety.

Posts: 21041 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Don't forget, if you change the sear you might end up needing to replace the safety.

You are correct. I really was not intending to change a lot of external parts. Replacing the spur hammer wit a Commander hammer, and the grip safety was all I considered.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I picked up my pistol Thursday,

I've not actually shot it yet, but dry firing it tells me I don't need to change anything internally. I'm no trigger snob, but the trigger breaks clean, good enough for me.

I'm very pleased with everything so far with the gun.Finish is impeccable for a parkerized finish, the frame to slide fit is tight, and I see no tool marks.

Mine is really new, as it has the new spelling of Turkey rollmarked really small under the dust cover.

I'm interested in Tisas version of the 84 Beretta, the 380 Faith Model now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sunset_Va,

美しい犬