SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So who likes their Ruger P89?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So who likes their Ruger P89? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Based on the reputation, it's too bad that Ruger dumped the P89---and others of that platform. They would still sell well in this day and age.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
15 y.o. P90 has done very well by me

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my P-89 in 1993. I was the manager of a small shop and cherry-picked it out of a batch that came in at the time. Still love it.
The Ruger P-Series guns are a line of firearms that can truly be described as "apocalypse - ready".
I also have a first year production P-95 that has seen a TON of sub-gun ammo and refuses to die.
While I realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I could never figure out why people think they're ugly. I don't share that view.
Just me I guess.

Posts: 91 | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ALLEGRO1957
posted Hide Post
P89's are tanks with a veracious appetite.

As said, not sexy, clunky and heavy, but man do they send projectiles forward time and time again.

I am sorry to say mine is in the safe and has not been fired since I went to "The Dark Side" almost two decades ago. The G23 was just easier to handle, the G19 shot a good bit softer. I don't know much, but considering what I would get for such a well designed weapon and the durability......even as an expensive rock...... I will NEVER sell my '89

Be a productive citizen but always be prepared

Posts: 43 | Registered: October 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a P-85 many years ago. In 1992 I took it to a Law Enforcement Academy. It was made fun of by the instructor and some of the cadets but it was good enough to eat over a thousand rounds with no problems and earn me the "Top Gun" title.

Kind of wish I had kept it.

Cliff
FPD ret., USN ret., NRA Lifer

Posts: 45 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maximus2161
posted Hide Post
I have an old P85 MKII. Its a chunky gun but 100% reliable. Will never sell it.

Maximus

Posts: 397 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: May 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P89 and the P 95 they never miss a beat , they seem to be going up a little but most shops do not want to give much for a used one when you trade . but they sell fast when my shop gets one .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
A P85 MK 2 was my second handgun. It did what it was supposed to do. Not pretty. But form follows function as has been said.

The P85s and P89s have been popping up a bit more lately. Cheap, too. Haven't seen one for more than $300. I recently scored a LNIB Ruger P90 with the case, paperwork and 2 mags for $300. I'm very pleased with it. Very accurate.

Congrats on your steal!!! The P90 is one of the softest recoiling .45s I've ever shot, and it's accurate as heck, too. ENJOY!

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ I totally agree with the statement that the P90 is one of the softest recoiling 45s.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P90 is another fantastically accurate,soft shooting pistol. They have a Bar-Sto barrel and mine was amazingly accurate and I couldn't believe how light the recoil was. Another pistol in the long line of- I am sorry to have sold it.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have multiple different Ruger models in both revolvers and semi-autos. I can’t afford to buy enough ammunition to try to wear one out.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post