SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG FORUM LEO's, opinions on glass breaker please
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG FORUM LEO's, opinions on glass breaker please Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
And another reason this is a hell no..... They want 75 bucks for it! Eek

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16389 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Gun safety aside..

Gun abuse aside...

Awful mag base issues aside....

Price aside.....

The fact that I've removed two glass breakers from knives because they kept doing damage to me and other object aside......

Everyone knows the butt of a gun is made for tacking up wanted posters, not breaking windows.

Posts: 21361 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Having done a few over my career…I learned to carry a ResQme on me when I’m working.

And a pair of safety gloves.

Both lessons learned the hard way, despite knowing better to begin with.

Anything else, except a spring loaded center punch, or the pointy end of an axe/halagan is probably a gimmick.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11463 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I'd never use one.

We had some of the punch style that worked great. Every unit had a Halligan tool and our FD was minutes away.

This looks like a recipe for an AD. Plus the windows are tougher than they look.

The thought was there but their usefulness is limited. I'd have a major issue with anyone using their firearm as a tool. It would be a violation of our policies.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5806 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Along with everyone else: Gun abuse, increased chance of ND, bad image of using lethal tool for non-lethal purposes, confusing training. You could also attach a knife and compass to the handgun, but I do not recommed it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 886 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely no way. Ever.

Maaaaybe end of the world glass breaker, but even then, no.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
It's already got 15 rounds of glass breaker inside the magazine! Smile

Posts: 4366 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess while we are on the subject of favorites, mine is the tactical framing hammer.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37190 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post