SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Craptacular Remington R51
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Craptacular Remington R51 Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Holy Thread Resurrection, Batman.... but hey, I had to. Because after three pages of folks crapping on a crappy pistol, the most interesting take away was being reminded of a really cool Star Trek rip off disc gun from my childhood! Damn those were fun! Sure wish I'd of had that carbine when I was a kid...

Posts: 807 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, if we're going to be off-topic...

Available on Esty, a copy of the actual Star Trek TOS rifle. Even weirder than the crappy R51:

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I owned an original Model 51. It belonged to my Grandmothers brother. The size of the original pistol is a plus, it feels good until you pull the trigger. The caliber? Not great, and the action while interesting would not hold up to use, the locking separating from the barrel.

The new one? I was not surprised it was a turd. The Smegma story is a bit different... but a 9mm version of this was never going to work.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Well, if we're going to be off-topic...

Available on Esty, a copy of the actual Star Trek TOS rifle. Even weirder than the crappy R51:

Hey, hey, hey! Capt James Tiberius Kirk killed a GOD with one of those...and that's a Hell of a lot more than Remington ever did!

Posts: 807 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one of the RP9's when I saw one for about $280. It's still in the box unfired. They also had a version with night sights for about $100 more.

Heck, in 10 years it might be worth $300.

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Jeez, we were all little trigger-happy militarists, weren't we?
The surplus stores then sold real WW II surplus, you could outfit yourself quite well.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post