SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone Here Have A Ruger LC9s or EC9s?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Here Have A Ruger LC9s or EC9s? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I bought an original LC9 from a member here a few years ago and actually liked it but ended up trading it away to get something else.

Now I'm wanting another one but with the new trigger. How are they compared to the mile-long LC9 trigger? I hear much, much better?

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Just off the presses, but have you looked at a Max-9. It's really the successor to the LC9s. It has the LC9s trigger, but with a 10 round magazine in a single stack size grip. If you want a small 9mm Ruger, it sounds like the way to go.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Wife carries a LC9, we tried an LC9s, but I can't remember much about it. Wife loves her LC9 though and can shoot the little thing pretty damn accurately. I can't stand shooting it, feels like it's going to slip out of my hands, especially with SD ammo.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I’ve got one. It was an approved BUG before we brought the 365 on and I still have it on my qual list for when I travel on the job. Its reliable and shootable, but not something I’m particularly attached to if my luggage gets lost.

Trigger is a perfectly decent striker trigger. Long take up, but light and smooth. Not a match 1911, but a vast improvement over the original LC9.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Wife carries a LC9, we tried an LC9s, but I can't remember much about it. Wife loves her LC9 though and can shoot the little thing pretty damn accurately. I can't stand shooting it, feels like it's going to slip out of my hands, especially with SD ammo.

My wife has one also & is a pretty good shot with it.
Just that loooong trigger pull to deal with.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15286 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
http://www.stumpiescustomguns....-LC9s-Pro_p_145.html

I bought the LC9 ‘Pro’ model. It has the better trigger. I think they quit making new ones, still some stock out there.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Picked up a used Pro model at the beginning of the year. Bought the lc9 back in 2011 and finally upgraded to the lc9s in 2016. I have several magazines and holsters. It's what I leave the house with most times.

It's a great trigger and obviously better than the hammer fired lc9.

Posts: 3508 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have the LC9s Pro model. I really like this little pistol and carry it everyday.
I caught mine on sale for $235 at a local gunshop.

I replaced the trigger with one from Galloway Precision to eliminate trigger sting.

Installed fiber optic sight set, using green.

Had metal parts treated with Ion Bond DLC Satin.

Magguts magazine kits x 2 additional +1 round, now a 9 round pistol.

Hogue beavertail grip sleeve.

I haven't shot the pistol extensively, maybe 300 rounds, all different brands and bullet weights.
No malfunctions whatso ever. And I am amazed at the accuracy of this little pistol.

I am very happy with mine. It really fits my hand better than the Sig 365, and I am not concerned about the magazine capacity.

Many people diss this little pistol. I am for sure keeping this little Ruger.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I carried the pro model for a year or so... biggest problem was rust from sweat on both the slide and magazines... (Old fat white man syndrome)
Also I decided I did not feel comfortable carrying a striker fired pistol... I guess it is just me.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Got mine when the LC9s first came out. Very nice trigger and it fits my hand well. I am more accurate with it than with the P365 I later acquired.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an LC9s, I like it so well that I carry it quite a bit, and after several years the finish wore a little. I bought an EC9s as a spare. Both of them are perfectly reliable and I am able to shoot them quite well.

They were quite reasonably priced. I love a bargain.

No rust problems yet.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the LC9S Pro for a while. Great trigger, easy to conceal. It was a little too snappy for my taste. This might sound strange, but I felt like it had something to do with the polymer that the frame was made of -- very stiff, not much flex, unlike a Glock, or a SIG, for that matter. It felt like it was really smacking my hand with recoil.

Not a bad pistol, but it just wasn't for me.

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have -2- LC9S Pro's.One has a Crimson Trace Red Laser Sight and the other has a Crimson Trace Green Laser Sight.Both function flawlessly and accurately.Really great CCW pistols.

Posts: 2 | Registered: July 29, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an LC9s. The trigger stroke is long but light and smooth, my match revolvers should be so good.
Agree with BBMW, the Max 9 is the logical successor.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Just off the presses, but have you looked at a Max-9. It's really the successor to the LC9s. It has the LC9s trigger, but with a 10 round magazine in a single stack size grip. If you want a small 9mm Ruger, it sounds like the way to go.

I looked at the Max 9 at a gunshop recently. Extremely heavy feeling in the hand even unloaded. It actually felt heavier than the Ruger 5.7 I looked at.

Then load the magazine, and even more weight. Just my opinion. I would chose the slim,, light, LC9s over the Max 9, disregarding ammo capacity.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's strange. The Max 9 is listed 1.2 oz heavier than LC9s (plus three rounds when loaded) and is less than an eighth inch larger in any listed dimension.
https://www.handgunhero.com/co...-lc9s-vs-ruger-max-9

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I haven't handled one yet. I'm a little surprised empty it would be noticeably more than the LC9s. I could see where it could be loaded.

quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

I looked at the Max 9 at a gunshop recently. Extremely heavy feeling in the hand even unloaded. It actually felt heavier than the Ruger 5.7 I looked at.

Then load the magazine, and even more weight. Just my opinion. I would chose the slim,, light, LC9s over the Max 9, disregarding ammo capacity.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

Just my opinion. I would chose the slim,, light, LC9s over the Max 9, disregarding ammo capacity.

I agree. The Max 9 is kind of fugly, the LC9s is sleek.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post