SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone actually own the Dan Wesson DWX compact?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone actually own the Dan Wesson DWX compact? Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
Doing a search here, I don't see that anyone posted they have one. I know the production was delayed and they really only became available fairly recently.

Anyone shot one?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGWolf,

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Kygunco sold out before I could order one.

Which is fine. I will wait for the railed DWX compact to release.
I already have new grips and mags lined up for order.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8024 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Store in Daytona has the full size and compact about a week ago. Really nice looking pistols but a 1999.99$ tag on it

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one a few weeks ago. Shoots well and feels great in the hand.

Haven't been able to find more mags just yet. DW is out of them.

It's definitely a keeper

Lobo Gunn

We live, we learn, we lead so that our children may become our Future.

Posts: 356 | Location: Gainesville, Florida | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LoboGunn:
I got one a few weeks ago. Shoots well and feels great in the hand.

Haven't been able to find more mags just yet. DW is out of them.

It's definitely a keeper

The mags are standard CZ75 Compact mags. Unless you want them stamped DW then there's magazines all over the place.

As far as the gun, I have not seen any of them around, but CZ/Dan Wessons don't last very long around here even though CZUSA just across the border. Best I can do is this:

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got mine a couple of weeks ago and have only had a chance to shoot it once, so I'm still getting used to it. First impressions, positive but I need more time to really get used to it.

As far as the magazines, regular CZ 75 compact magazines will not work. There are some CZ magazines that have the thin metal baseplate, and these may work, but I haven't tried them. The nylon baseplate is too thick and will not allow the mag to be inserted fully and lock in place. You have to replace the baseplates in order to use CZ 75 mags, or wait until Dan Wesson gets them in stock.

After a little researching I have learned more about this subject. CZ is working on getting a supply of the base plates that will work with the DWX compact, but have no idea when the details will be completed and they have inventory.

In the meantime you can go to the Henning Group, (which manufacturers the base plate as well as other DWX products for Dan Wesson) at this address:

https://www.henningshop.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1506302

This will take you to a product called "Henning Group PRO Series Base Pad for Sig Sauer P320 X5 / X-Series". You can order the authentic DW baseplate for the compact by using this order form, but IMPORTANT, in the items comment section add that these base plates are for use in the DWX Compact, and Henning will substitute the DW baseplate.

They are in the process of making a permanent listing for the DWX part, but this will work for now. Just make certain to add that statement in the comment section so that Henning will make the substitution. If you want to double check all of this call Henning at 720-325-7890.

I ordered some of the base plates from Henning and have successfully converted my MecGar CZ 75 mags to work on the DWX compact. It's as easy as removing the CZ base plates and sliding on the new DWX plates. You can use your existing locking plate.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rlbuzz,

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I contacted Henningsshop.com by phone I was told to use the link for the Sig Sauer AXG Pro. That is the way that they have it set up to work and that is what I did when I ordered my base pads. It worked and I had my parts in two days.

Just be certain when ordering to put in the comment section that it for use in the DWX Compact.

https://www.henningshop.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1506302

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not surprising but it sounds like Honest Outlaw just used full sized 75 mags which bypasses the whole baseplate thing.

This is a gun I will own. I’m just waiting for the RDS cut version. Not surprising though, I’ve never had a bad DW or CZ product.

Posts: 7530 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I ordered a SIG X5 baseplate and put for DWX Compact in the notes. I got the DWX baseplate.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8024 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Kygunco sold out before I could order one.

Which is fine. I will wait for the railed DWX compact to release.
I already have new grips and mags lined up for order.

I think Buds Gun Shop has them.

Interested in one but more interested in the CZ Shadow 2 Compact now and they are in the same family.

Posts: 22916 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oooh, I do love me some S2 Compact. I agree with the reviewer, I would prefer a steel frame but I understand the appeal of aluminum. I will probably end up with one of these too. In fact I think this is more my speed.

I sped through a couple of those reviews so I couldn't get this answer. Since they are certainly marketing these to include the carry audience, did they add a firing pin block? I know S2 doesn't have one but it seems like a smart choice here.

Posts: 7530 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Eh, they could have just upgraded the PCR and the original Compact. No need for that accessory rail. Just do a Pro-Tek package sans the melt job that will keep the price way down. I'll buy that in a heartbeat. The full CZ Custom Pro-Tek is way too pricey.

Q

Posts: 26419 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Except I prefer the grip shape and checkering of the S2. Best of the 75’s imo.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
PSA has the Shadow 2 Compact on Labor Day Sale for only $1299. Lol. Regular price $1499. Lolouder.

Q

Posts: 26419 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out of stock already. lol

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Those pesky got-to-have-it-now people. Big Grin

Q

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Yeah some people have to be first on the block.
I’m going to wait till October to see if the DWX Compact with rail releases. If not, I’ll pick up a regular DWX Compact.

Not minority enough!

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Out of stock already. lol

I have one on layaway at my FFL.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Range report!