SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So I Played Hooky Today and Went To The Range.....I Want To Apologize To All The Uplula People I Made Fun Of Over The Years.......
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I Played Hooky Today and Went To The Range.....I Want To Apologize To All The Uplula People I Made Fun Of Over The Years....... Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So I managed to sneak out to the range today. Without thinking I grabbed three guns, my gear, ammo and dressed for a 45-50 degree day.....I was well on my way before I realized it was a 27 degree windy day.

I did fairly well today especially given the circumstance. So with targets whipping in the breeze and no feeling in my digits two thoughts came to mind.

1st-Trigger control is hard when you have no feeling in your fingers. Big Grin

2nd-I have given shit to many friends over the years for their delicate thumbs and "needing" and UpLula or the like to load scant 150-200 rounds. Today..........I would have loved to have an UpLula with me. My thumbs were frozen and sore. So I apologize apparently in my aging years my thumbs have become delicate too at least in cold weather. Razz

All in all though a fantastic range trip with a nice drive there and a few extra factors to make things more challenging.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up to youla for that post

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Bless your heart! Smile

I have several Lula products for both rifles and pistols, I don't have tender thumbs, they're just plain faster...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never needed an Uplula until I broke two cheap ones on my P365.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
As an aside the HK45C can shoot. It shouldn’t shoot as well as it does with as crappy of a trigger that it has but damn if doesn’t shoot when you ask it to.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Uplula is something you have to try to believe.

For years I felt the same as you did until I tried one. Now I have them for everything I own. Pistols, Rifles, you name it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Now that I have a couple of them, I can finally load that last round into a mag without cussing. Worth every penny.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Never saw a need for one until I got a P365. Now I can’t live without them.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
The one for Uzi mags is amazing and a must have when you're dealing with 25 and 32 round magazines. There are even some after market 50 round magazines. Try loading a whole box of 9mm with your thumb.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I bought my first 220 (and first 45) last year, I felt like an idiot trying to load those skinny, stubborn, yet-to-be-broken-in mags. I quickly bought an Uplula. I love it for the 220. I also use it for the 226 but that admittedly seems a bit overkill and tedious.

I just came from the range myself. I guess you’d rather not hear that it was calm, clear and mid-50’s? Smile

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Yup, same story here. Damned wussy kids with their loud rock n roll music and silly mag loaders.
Then I started shooting in USPSA and decided that stuffing 23 rounders between every stage with just my poor thumbs wasn't very enjoyable.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try loading a 32rd Colt/Uzi mag without a LULA (or similar).
Nebba hoppen.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get a pink one. Keeps it from getting misplaced or filched.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
No less than awesome.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The Uplula is an example of the adage "Work smart, not hard." Why subject your fingers to needless fatigue or gouges from the magazine feed lips that may affect your shooting? Even I, with fingers strengthened (but now starting to get arthritic) by many years of manual labor, appreciate them. I use a strap wrench to open jars, too.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My second Uplula is hooked to a pistol lanyard and attached to my shooting bag.

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I use a strap wrench to open jars, too.

Found one at a flea market last year. No discussion or long consideration. I just paid the $2 on the masking tape and walked away happy. Just saw it yesterday in the kitchen junk drawer.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Anyone with hand/thumb arthritis will appreciate the value of an Uplula.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
An indispensable device.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
My thumbs are fine

I do not NEED to use the UpLula, but I load magazines way faster with one than with my thumbs alone

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post