SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So I Played Hooky Today and Went To The Range.....I Want To Apologize To All The Uplula People I Made Fun Of Over The Years.......
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I Played Hooky Today and Went To The Range.....I Want To Apologize To All The Uplula People I Made Fun Of Over The Years....... Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I never needed one until I bought a P365. Most useful tool in the range bag.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
I just purchased one today. Like the OP, I figured the rest of you were just a bunch of sissy's.... until I tried to load 15 rounds of 40 in 4 Glock 22 magazine.

Like perscription glasses, I guess it was bound to happen.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Uplula is a necessity with these new smaller semi-autos like the Shield and the Sig 365, at least when the guns and mags are new. After 50-100 rounds, it is less so as the mag springs seem to loosen up a bit.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Okay, I got to do a google search.. never ever heard of these and I've been on gun forums for something like 15 or more years...

"you don't know what you didn't know until you know it"

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
It is my contention that if you do not have an uplula, you are not shooting enough.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I have 4 of them and 2 of the slim ones for .22. Get the 1911 adapter...

Get the colored one. I like the bright yellow ones. Hard to find the black one in range bag or on the bench.

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have 2 to increase the chance of my finding one

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
One of the best inventions out there IMO. Got a few including a new one for my CZ Scorpion Evo. I had to hand load the Scorpion mags the first range trip, then immediately bought one for that magazine.

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Besides the regular UpLULA, I also have a Baby UpLULA to load mags for my .22 Beretta 87 Target and my .380 SIG P238. Not a necessity for those pistols, but a nice to have.

P. S. – A tip: Always hand-load the first round. Otherwise, the “beak” of the UpLULA will gouge the mag follower.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I balked at the price of an Uplula until I tried one. If you are like me and have the unfortunate circumstance of having to pay by the hour to shoot at a range, then the Uplula will quickly pay for itself in time saved reloading.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to teach CCW classes for my LGS and, at the range, I'd usually load the mag on the line for those shooters with semi-autos. I laughed at those sissies with Uplulas or similar loading tools, I was tough. Uhhh, well I thought I was.

Then, shockingly, the age of my thumb combined with the arthritis started to make it no fun to load even my own mags, so without a bit of shame or any feeling of hypocricy, I rushed out and got me one of those Uplulas and I love it.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post