SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365xl or P320 X-Compact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365xl or P320 X-Compact Login/Join 
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted
I am contemplating my next purchase and wanted some input on the above choices.

I own a P365 and a P320 X Full and was considering a “tweener” gun. If I buy the X-Compact I would likely add the Wilson grip, carry length as I have a lot of P320 mags.

I want the option of a red dot and like the Sig striker guns hence the reason for considering the above.

No real role other than a do all carry gun when I want something a bit bigger than the P365.

Thanks for your input.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I put an Icarus alloy frame on my 365 XL and with either the 12 or 15 round mag it truly feels like a thin G19. It’s definitely smaller than my 320 compact.
I guess not quite the answer maybe but my 2 cents.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. I assume you think the grip module was worth the cost. Was there a particular reason you ditched the standard module?

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I prefer the P365XL over the P320 X-Compact.

It is smaller, thinner, lighter and shoots every bit as good as the X-Compact.

Ended up selling off the X-Compact and the XL is my go to carry gun.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 365XL and a Sig P320 Compact and carry the XL all the time for daily carry but if we go walking in the woods (405 acres 50 yards from the end of the house)I sometimes carry the P320 Compact in an owb holster. I also like my 365XL over the P320 Compact.

Steve........

NRA Patron Life member
North American Hunting Club Life Member

Posts: 22 | Location: SEMO | Registered: March 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, the draw to the P365 is the small size and pocket carrying. The larger P365 means IWB to me, and then I’m doing the P320 Carry.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Since I got my 365XL my 320 X-Carry hasn't been back out of the safe. I really like the 365XL and shoot it better than the 320.

So much so that I'm thinking about possibly putting it up for trade w/ Romeo for trade for a 226. Since I sold my 226 years ago like a idiot when I went through a 45ACP phase.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the input. It looks like I will have to give the XL a hard look.

posted Hide Post
My P365XL with a Holosun 507K-X2 is my EDC. Prefer over the P320.

Posts: 39 | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a P365 when they first came out. Later on picked up the P365XL when it came out based on the factory optic mount. Both were groundbreaking, and great firearms, but ultimately sold both as they're just too small for my hands and I don't pocket carry. Being too small for me wasn't really an impediment when shooting them, I just prefer a larger grip and don't mind carrying something a bit bigger.

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For carry, the P365XL beats the X-Compact. But, I will say that I own a few P320's and none of them have ever malfunctioned. My P365 and P365XL have had some FTRTB's during break-in, but that could be my high thumbs grip dragging on the slide.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post