Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New HKs Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
Picked up these two 9mms recently . I have had a P30,USP full size, and a VP9 previously but sold them all for something else. I really like the VP9 and am slowing warming ups to the compact USP. I love the size of it but the trigger pull is long and heavy in double action mode. I have the V1 variant (DA/SA with safety and de-cocker). I have a match trigger and springs on order for it as well as nite sights. I think that will correct the heavy trigger pull. Here's a few photos:

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2776 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I’ve never shot a P30, but I like my 9mm USPc. Wasn’t crazy about the paddle mag release, but a mag release for a 45 Compact made it all better. I also went ahead and converted it to V3 so I wouldn’t have to worry about accidentally engaging the safety.

Posts: 3244 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the paddle release. HK triggers aren’t great out of box. I have an USP Expert and it’s about as good as any HK DA/SA trigger is going to be. And it’s not great. It’s good. This is why I tend to go LEM with HK’s and I’m not even a big LEM fan, but their other triggers are just so meh.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
I’ve never shot a P30, but I like my 9mm USPc. Wasn’t crazy about the paddle mag release, but a mag release for a 45 Compact made it all better. I also went ahead and converted it to V3 so I wouldn’t have to worry about accidentally engaging the safety.

Gotcha ! I have one of the 45C mag releases on order also. The USP c mag release is just so tiny it is really hard to release.

Posts: 2776 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I love the paddle release. HK triggers aren’t great out of box. I have an USP Expert and it’s about as good as any HK DA/SA trigger is going to be. And it’s not great. It’s good. This is why I tend to go LEM with HK’s and I’m not even a big LEM fan, but their other triggers are just so meh.

I used to have a full size USP and switched out the trigger to an expert version. I agree with you it was better but still not great.

posted Hide Post
Love my VP9. Threw on an Optic Ready Long Slide kit + RMR and its even more fun to shoot now.

Posts: 493 | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
My USPc 9mm is an absolute flawless piece of machinery and in my opinion is among HK’s best line of pistols ever made.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do like my USPs more than my P30 and its V3 trigger. There's also no question that I prefer both my 4" and 5" VP9s over the USPs. Though being a striker guy will usually lead to that sort of bias, I confess. Wink

-MG

Posts: 2014 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Both are on my radar to add to my HK family.

Probably hunt for a VP9 Optics Ready.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My VP9 is one of the guns I shoot the best. The P30 Lem is a very nice gun once you work with that trigger some. Enjoy your shooters.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for looking and the comments. I'm going to work with the USP some in hopes I can get used to the trigger. I have some parts on the way and we will see.