SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92 Inox finish options
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92 Inox finish options Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
CCR does great work. My BHP in CPII Dusks is just a sight to behold...and shoot. I had them use cerahyde (house black) for the frame of my 1994 Beretta 92 FS Centurion. I'm entering week 12 into waiting for my Sphinx SDP, they are running behind but I expect to get it back very soon.

Like most good things and services, you have to wait for it.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Some pics showing different finishes in 92 hammers

From left to right:

factory "Inox" Elite II hammer (its actually a nickel Steel-I hammer), electroless nickel coated, CPII coated, Inox & Bruniton/black.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Fyi. The inox trigger I got in from MGW was installed on 10/8. On 10/16 I noticed it was rusting and pitting already.

CPII barrel for comparison

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8017 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Rusting and pitting on that Inox trigger from MGW wow! Any idea why?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dcowboyscr,

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
PGT thanks for the comparison pics that helps a lot.

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
didn't realize there are so many variations in the INOX. both mine are the same

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
I just looked at new Gallatin made 92 Inox’s yesterday and was surprised and pleased that the frame finish on them was smooth and appears to be an actual gray colored anodizing instead of the Italian Inox I previously had with the rough white/silver paint over yellow anodizing.

I was even more impressed that it was a Gallatin, Tennessee model. Furthermore, the Tennessee made M9’s looked and felt every bit as good as the Italian 92’s I’ve owned. Dare I say I think the Tennessee plant may have turned the corner and finally got its act together. I hope they can consistently maintain this quality standard.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
An unfired 92 Brig I scored recently. Ca. 2001.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Update to the Gallatin made Inox I bought. Emailed with Allegheny Arms and they think the frame is PVD finished not anodized. Called Beretta CS to ask and they were clueless. Can see the supposed PVD finish coming off the frame rails already and I haven’t even fired the pistol yet. May send it to Allegheny Arms to have a black type III hard coat applied to the frame.

Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
All the ones coming out of TN we have seen are hard anodize

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCR:
All the ones coming out of TN we have seen are hard anodize
Whatever it is I haven’t even fired the gun and I can already see it wearing off the frame rails etc.