SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 grip recheckering
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 grip recheckering Login/Join 
Picture of fav567
posted
I bought a used P226 tacops that came with the stock magwell grips. I like the grips but they are not aggressive enough for my liking. I know I can purchase new G10 grips, in fact I have 2 P226 legions and like the feel of the g10 grips.

Is there a company or someone that does recheckering of stock grips ? I remember a few years ago that Houge used to offer that service but dont see it on their website.

NRA LE Firearms Instructor

Sig Sauer P220, Sig Sauer P228, Sig Sauer P229 .40 w/.357, Beretta 92 Brigadeer 9mm, Glock 22, Glock 27.

Posts: 121 | Location: L.A. CA | Registered: August 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Hogue was the only company that did the recheckering on the stock grips.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I’d go for a set of G10 grips. There are many choices, and they hold up well.

Hogue offers a bunch of them. They are good people to deal with.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I asked Hogue about it here a while back and they said they will still do it for you. Caveat is that your grips might be too thin in places.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post