SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Struck Gold this afternoon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Struck Gold this afternoon Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
I’ve been going to the range 2-3 times a week most of the summer and went again this morning. I’ve been concentrating on shooting “both eyes open” and point-shoot with my Glock 19 & 34 …

I only brought 3 mags for each but picked up 3/4 of a coffee can of mostly once fired brass, so at least for a reloaded, it’s as good as gold, every time I reached for a piece of brass I saw two more pieces!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Way to go!

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't that be "struck brass"? Razz

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Not sure if you’re a Pretenders fan, but perhaps a little playing of “Brass in Pocket” would be in-order here? Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
Not sure if you’re a Pretenders fan, but perhaps a little playing of “Brass in Pocket” would be in-order here? Smile

Until I heard it, I had no idea what that song was, so I Googled it and hit play … it all came back to me!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0H6re3PCP3E

quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Wouldn't that be "struck brass"? Razz

With the price of components it’s almost gold, besides, it’s gold-ish color!

I’m not sure why I kept picking it up as I’ve got several coffee cans full already, I guess it’s just a compulsion!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Love coming back from the range with a boatload of free brass...almost makes me feel like I paid for my trip sometimes depending upon what I find Big Grin.

I was on the rifle bay the other day shooting my M1, and there were some guys over on one of the pistol bays, otherwise the place was deserted. They left before I did and I happened over that way to throw out some targets, and not only discovered that they'd left behind a bunch of .45 Colt brass, but also deposited it neatly in the brass bucket instead of leaving it lie on the ground. Made my day Big Grin!

Posts: 8378 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Too bad you can't collect primers at the range.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post