SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Stainless P226 model variations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stainless P226 model variations Login/Join 
Picture of bashman
posted
Did/does Sig make a stainless P226 other than the stainless elite, X5/6, and Super Sport? I saw one recently that did not appear to fall under the classification of any of these, and was curious about the particular model.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bashman,

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:
Did/does Sig make a stainless P226 other than the stainless elite, X5/6, and Super Sport?

Yes. No tail, with rail and without rail.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Q. So is it just a regular stainless P226, or are there other models?

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The LDC.

I don't think there are others. The Sport and Sport Stock would be under your "Super Sport" category, I suppose.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Your title is too vague. Please be more specific.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's also the reverse two tone or is that just in the 229 line up?

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
A couple of P226s with stainless steel frames.

357 SIG / 40 S&W that left the factory as a standard DA/SA model but was converted to DAK trigger by Grayguns:

This 9mm was reportedly an overrun from a Canadian RCMP contract:

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How to get a "shiny stainless Sig": After a range night you lay out your guns to clean. After cleaning your S&W revolver with Flitz you stupidly start cleaning your two tone P226 with Flitz. "Gee it must be dirty look at all the grime on the cleaning tabs." Shit! The Flitz is taking off the finish. Instead of sending the gun back to Sig for a refinish my local gunsmith buffed the slide to a shiny finish. Kinda interesting. DON'T use Flitz on a Sig!

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought an all stainless P226 brand new back in early 2004 in .357 sig caliber. I still have it. It shoots real nice in the heavier frame.

Posts: 25 | Location: Missouri | Registered: May 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post