SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Range Report Added - P226 Restomod
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range Report Added - P226 Restomod Login/Join 
Picture of NMDave
posted
Just wanted to share my build for 2022. Almost 7 months in the making.

There was something about the new Pro-cut model Sig launched that just caught my attention. I wanted the look without the jacked up price to look cool. So, rather than spend $2,000 for a factory run gun, I spent $2,400 to build this one Eek

This did cost more than I expected to spend but this gal ended up with more internal coolness that you just don’t get with the factory models. Slide upgraded with a Bar-sto match grade barrel and Gray Gun SS guide rod. Frame action tuned up with Gray Gun Custom Strut system, Short Reset Trigger Kit, and Enhanced Leverage System. All that AND the pleasure, relaxation, and pride by putting this together myself, well worth it… as sexy inside as outside Cool

Started with a 1989 no rail no tail frame refinished by CCR with their stainless look color.

I went with the MG 20 rounders and have named her Black Jack (20+1=21) Big Grin

In my humble opinion you have to appreciate the unique design of the Mec-Gar +2 extension. Again just this guys opinion but they look better matched to the gun than the factory mags.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NMDave,

Dave

Posts: 467 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
That's a nice looking pistol.

I've never regretted spending more on a build than a complete gun.
I have complete guns that I replaced the internals with the same parts right after buying them.

Posts: 1468 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, very sweet pistol. Looks fantastic!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outstanding. Great looking P226.

Posts: 255 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

And it is just the way you wanted it to be.

Let us know how it shoots.

Posts: 9103 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Sweet!

And it is just the way you wanted it to be.

Let us know how it shoots.

Yup… range time scheduled for this weekend for Blackjack and a P220 that just got a Bar-Sto match barrel fitted as well. I will add to this post following her first trip to the range. Anticipate some up front work to zero the Romeo Pro followed by flawless performance.

Dave

Posts: 467 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NMDave:
Just wanted to share my build for 2022. Almost 7 months in the making.

There was something about the new Pro-cut model Sig launched that just caught my attention. I wanted the look without the jacked up price to look cool. So, rather than spend $2,000 for a factory run gun, I spent $2,400 to build this one Eek

Been there, done that.

Wanted a fancy Glock. Didn't care for what was available. By getting each piece as it went on sale, I was able to get the look and feel I wanted.

Different grip angle, grip reduction, brass plug backstrap, Salient trigger, RMR, box fluted barrel... The only part that was made by Glock is the magazine tube. Wink

Mine also took quite some time to put together, even though I call it my $1,500 Black Friday gun.

Posts: 9103 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Hey, that came out really nice. Nice job!

Gotta be satisfying to build it with the specific features you want.

Looking forward to a range report.

Tell me about those SIG grips. They appear to fit tightly to the frame and are nicely contoured. Are they plastic or G10? How do they compare to standard factory plastic grips?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The work really paid off well.
As long as it shoots as good as it looks, you have a super nice pistol.

Too many SIGs .. ... Nah not really

Posts: 360 | Location: AL | Registered: August 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

Tell me about those SIG grips. They appear to fit tightly to the frame and are nicely contoured. Are they plastic or G10? How do they compare to standard factory plastic grips?

Got the grips from Sig web store. They are G10 and definitely more aggressive than the factory plastic.

Dave

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NMDave:

Got the grips from Sig web store. They are G10 and definitely more aggressive than the factory plastic.

Thanks for the info. They do look good with those mag bases.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jam0
posted Hide Post
That's impressive. Although a single jagged hole is expected, I look forward to the range report.

Posts: 20 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jam0:
That's impressive. Although a single jagged hole is expected, I look forward to the range report.

Range day was delayed for Bar-Sto to tweak the barrel a bit.

Dave

Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Everything finally lined up to take this year’s build to the range. First 50 rounds used to zero the Romeo and then… the fun began. Ran another 100 rounds and all functioned flawless.

Last 15 rounds were 5 @5 yards, 5 @10 yards, and 5 @15 yards.

Shout outs to the crew at Bar-Sto, Cummings Custom, and Gray Guns! Y’all have the goods that made this project possible. Notice the new medallions in the grip panels… after all the internal action is Gray Guns magic.

Dave

posted Hide Post
Great work! I love the two-tone. Those folks at Bar-Sto know what they are doing. I hope that pistol gives you many years of service.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms.”

-Robert A Heinlein Nov. 1959

Posts: 42 | Location: Idaho | Registered: August 09, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is an excellent piece of work we should all aspire to accomplish

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
VERY nice !

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3315 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
Sharp looking gun and respectable target! Cool

Question; do you perhaps have any pre vs. post project data/ info/ anecdotal impressions you can share? Say maybe pre vs. post trigger pull weight, trigger creep or reset, pre vs. post weight change, factory barrel accuracy results vs. Barsto accuracy results etc..?

Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

Question; do you perhaps have any pre vs. post project data/ info/ anecdotal impressions you can share? Say maybe pre vs. post trigger pull weight, trigger creep or reset, pre vs. post weight change, factory barrel accuracy results vs. Barsto accuracy results etc..?

No pre mod values as it was an inoperable hot mess when I started. I replaced the slide and everything inside the frame other than the locking block. I suppose I could compare the action to an original 80s era 226 but I already know what I need to know… SA function set at 4 lbs, is smoother than my late model Legion and accuracy is consistent. I was mostly impressed with the dot fully zeroed, the 15 yard shots were grouped as tight as the 5 yard shots.

Dave