SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 Manual Safety Kit instalation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Manual Safety Kit instalation Login/Join 
Member!
posted
Just an FYI for anyone wanting to install a manual safety on their non-safety p365; it's ridiculously easy! Got the kit from here: https://osagecountyguns.com/si...afety-conv-grip.html Kit came with new plastic grip module, Manual safety lever, detent, and detent spring. Took all of 5 minutes (+5 minutes of panicking that I thought I had just lost my brand new teeny spring when it rolled off my desk!).

If I had to do it all over again, I would have just bought the three small parts without the new grip module with the safety cutouts. Why? Because I could have made the cutouts myself with a small file in 5-10 minutes and saved about $30. It's even outline-marked clearly on the plastic of the non-cut grip so no guesswork. Oh well, I've spent far more for other grips for other pistols that end up sitting in the back of a parts box.

It feels very nice clicking on and off too being not too hard or too easy without being mushy. Would be easy to lighten or stiffen up, simply by changing the weight of the detent spring. The only thing I wish is that it were not ambidextrous. Later on, since I still have a unmodified grip, maybe I'll chop off the right side lever on the safety and just modify the original grip module to only have a left side cutout.

No, not trying to argue the merits of a manual safety on the p365 or not. Just commenting on how easy it is to install for others who might be thinking of doing the same.

Posts: 4344 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if they had those yet. Mine came with the safety, as I am used to it but it is nice to know it is out there,thanks.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the back in stock notification just in time for them to go out of stock again.

I just want the parts. I can get a factory grip module or modify one.

Grayguns has the safety kit with their laser textures modules, but the price is a lot higher.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just went on the Sig site to to buy the components and.... Out of stock.
Frown

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Great another project!!! As if I do not have enough... Confused

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many thanks, mine is in the mail, so the link will come in handy.

Posts: 397 | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AWMP:
Many thanks, mine is in the mail, so the link will come in handy.

For installation, the two things I suggest are:
a. Assemble it in a big ziplock bag. The detent and spring are tiny, and if it gets away from you, good luck finding!
b. Don't mess with the actuating the manual safety lever while it's not put back into the grip module. If you push just a little too hard while it's not in the grip module, it'll rotate past the detent capture grooves and the teeny detent and spring will go flying out!

Posts: 4344 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll definitely add "use a ziploc bag" to my life hacks list.

Would have saved a lot of trouble in the past. Luckily my P365 manual safety install was straightforward and did not involve the launch of the small spring and detent.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Just thought I'd update for anyone interested, but I did chop off the right lever and installed into my original frame and cut out a slot for only the left-side lever. Used a Dremel blade to cut pivot area next to right lever side, then used file to smooth and shorten so the cut end just fits into the plastic grip module. Safety still works perfect! Didn't take any pics because it simply looks like a manual safety on the left and a regular p365 on the right Smile! Obviously the cut side is bright and shiny compared to the black-finished part, but once installed in the grip module, you cant see it on the outside. The right side lever serves no positioning or fitment purposed so cutting it off did not make the safety looser or anything. It is captured in the trigger housing so it's not going to pop out because one of the levers is missing.

Two main reasons I did it. First I am right handed so I don't need a lever on the right side. Don't like ambi-safeties on the right side of 1911's either. If I have to shoot left handed I can still actuate it with my left thumb (not as quickly, but not slow either).

2nd reason is that the safety lever I had was perfectly parallel and flush with the slide on the left side but the right side front of lever stuck out about 1mm away from the slide (as if it was bent out slightly). Basically if you held it up to light, the right side showed a thicker bright light gap than the left. My OCD with it not being symmetrical and exactly parallel on both sides really hated that discrepancy. So with just the one lever, it's not an issue anymore and like I mentioned, I don't need the right side safety lever anyways!

posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen any larger paddles for the p365? I'd love paddles more akin to what is available on the M&P series, where you can actually rest your thumb on them 1911 style.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just installed the manual safety kit. Pretty easy, except the tiny detent and spring requires careful handling to prevent losing them.
Bigger PITA: My manual safety grip frame did not come a magazine release button assembly, so I had to swap it out. This took longer than the safety install. For those of you who have not done it, it requires a tiny pin to insert into a hole in the off side of the release and then you fish fish around for the sweet spot to remove the whole thing.
Alternative method is to fish around on the back of the release with an Xacto knife to hit the sweet spot and pull the assembly. Nothing like poking around with the Xacto while your pinkies are in the way. Lots of how to videos on YT on the magazine release fortunately.
A better way to deal with the magazine release assembly seems called for.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post