SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Safariland ALS for Staccato P
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safariland ALS for Staccato P Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
Looking at a Safariland for my Staccato P with X300, specifically the 6390RDS-1582-131 (Safariland Roll Eyes ).

Pretty sure this is the model I need, but I see it comes with the belt slide. Can that be replaced for QLS forks or do I need a different overly complicated SKU?

I see a place where I can buy the holster mentioned above with, presumably, no waiting...and I know how long one has to wait on Safariland, so if swapping for QLS is easy enough, I'll go that route.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I have multiple safariland holsters.
Every single one of them has the exact same form factor for the belt attachment: 3 screw holes in the exact same pattern.
I use QLS forks on all of them.

FWIW, one of them is a 6395RDS-4502-131
Almost identical to what you're looking at.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yep. You can swap out attach points. No sweat whatsoever.

RDS holsters are a little tough to come by. I’d order it and swap it out, especially if it’s a decent price.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do the ALS holsters usually sell for? Never priced Safariland products.

The price I'm seeing is steep, $250. Way more than I paid for my current Long's Shadow holster.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Order the QLS kit from Safariland. It comes with all the hardware you need. Unscrew the belt slide from the holster and screw it onto the female part of the QLS. Screw the male QLS forks onto the holster, same holes that the belt slide was screwed into. All done. I think you can the QLS bits in either black or FDE.

FWIW when I ordered my Safariland holster I was quoted 30 days until shipping, and I received the shipping notice email right at 30 days. A few days later it was in my hands.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
What do the ALS holsters usually sell for? Never priced Safariland products.

The price I'm seeing is steep, $250. Way more than I paid for my current Long's Shadow holster.

Eek

Geez. That is exorbitant.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
$150 is going for 6390RDS for Glocks

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Don't think I can justify a $100 premium for fast shipping. I'll just eat the wait time.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yeah. They’ve been crazy all over on prices. I caught a holiday coupon code and picked up another for a Glock for $110.

I highly recommended the Nubmod fir the ALS switch.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
Expert Voice is a good source for a 40% off Safariland coupon code. It claims it will not work for duty holsters, but in my experience it generally does. Recently used it for a 6360RDS for a Staccato. Recently did not work for a 7360RDS for a Glock.

Need to qualify to register. LE and military qualify.

Otherwise, look at RDR Gear (www.rdrgear.com and Atlas (www.stronglikebeetle.com) for somewhat affordable Safariland stuff. Copquest for somewhat less discounted but decent stock levels.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Expert Voice is a good source for a 40% off Safariland coupon code. It claims it will not work for duty holsters, but in my experience it generally does. Recently used it for a 6360RDS for a Staccato. Recently did not work for a 7360RDS for a Glock.

Need to qualify to register. LE and military qualify.

Otherwise, look at RDR Gear (www.rdrgear.com and Atlas (www.stronglikebeetle.com) for somewhat affordable Safariland stuff. Copquest for somewhat less discounted but decent stock levels.

I've got RDR belts and never even looked to see if they had holsters.

Look like they've got some in stock! Thanks for the heads up.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
RDR Gear is good stuff and a good business.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
RDR Gear is good stuff and a good business.

I was going to say the same thing. Jeff is good people. He took about half an hour out of his day to talk me through an issue we're having with Safariland holster fit at work.

I'm very interested in their upcoming UBL replacement.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post