SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 34 w/ RMR and Light Holster Suggestions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 34 w/ RMR and Light Holster Suggestions Login/Join 
Picture of caneau
posted
I picked up a Gen 5 G34 MOS with an RMR this weekend. First of all what an awesome toy. It makes shooting video game easy. I threw my X300-A Ultra on there and it'll make a great home defense gun.

However, I'm having a bit of trouble finding a good holster for it. All my holsters have historically been Raven Concealment, Blade Tech, or Mitch Rosen. Raven has discontinued the Phantom to the internet's collective cry and the new models don't seem to be cutting it with the critics. Blade Tech has simplified its lineup significantly and no longer makes light bearing holsters as far as I can tell. Mitch Rosen is great for my 1911s but far to pretty for a Glock.

Who do we like for kydex (or even injection molded) holsters these days? Here are the requirements:
- OWB with a straight drop because let's be honest, I'm never concealing this beast.
- 1.75" belt loop compatible (preferable)
- IDPA legal
- No Level 2 or 3 retention devices

Nice to haves:
- Sweat shield
- Pankake-ish attachment -- I prefer looping my belt through the holster, then belt loop, then holster
- Moderate to low riding
- Minimal screws or adjustability. Simple is better.

Any suggestions? Happy to buy from a forum member if someone makes or sells something along these lines.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GataGunner
posted Hide Post
In for answers as well. I went balls out and got an OEM threaded barrel too. The only thing I could find that could work was TR Holsters.

Posts: 64 | Registered: January 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know the model numbers because Safariland model numbers apparently use the Enigma machine but the ALS model that had DO in the number. The DO stands for Dockters Optic (sp) but it works with RMR just fine. Fits lights as well.

Lots of options for attachments including the belt loop style.

Added bonus, ALS holsters are fantastic. Great retention and ridiculously easy and intuitive to use. I know you said no level II but the ALS is so easy to use I don't think you will mind.

If you haven't tried one, give it a shot, it will probably convert you.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Safariland suggestion. My config is a custom order, a month wait, and $160 but at least I know one option out there.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a zillion bladetech holsters and I'm stunned by what seems like a big reduction in options. But I have on occasion (not successful every time) had good luck calling them and getting stuff they once made but is not listed produced to make me another. In this case I don't know if they once made this. A g-17 with x300 for sure because I have that. But its worth a call or email to ask.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
JM Custom Kydex might work:

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/OWB-V2-LB.html

Alpha Concealment Systems also has a large number of light-bearing/RMR cut holsters.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:

Alpha Concealment Systems also has a large number of light-bearing/RMR cut holsters.

Any experience with either?

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of JM's work after Raven discontinued their Phantom line.

I would say the workmanship is as good, perhaps better. They are well finished holsters imho.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JMCK is great. I have several and no complaints.

However, I love Raven's new holsters. They are just as good as the original phantoms. I don't think they make a length for a 34 though.

Posts: 173 | Location: boston | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maca:
JMCK is great. I have several and no complaints.

However, I love Raven's new holsters. They are just as good as the original phantoms. I don't think they make a length for a 34 though.

Contacted Raven, the Perun won't fit my gun and light combo. Too bad. Thanks for the suggestion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: caneau,

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I started using JM Custom Kydex and Bravo Concealment after Raven discontinued the Phantom.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I’ve become a huge fan of KT Mech for my OWB kydex holsters. Great products with endless options, reasonable prices, and fast delivery.

KT Mech

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by caneau:
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:

Any experience with either?

Lots of experience with JM Custom. Only one order from Alpha Concealment Systems. No issues with either.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post