SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Legion SAO trigger question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Legion SAO trigger question Login/Join 
posted
I recently purchased a P220 Legion SAO IN 45 ACP. This pistol has the straight flat trigger. I loved this pistol so much I decided to sell my 6” Springfield TRP Operator to fund the purchase the P220 Legion 10mm SAO. I searched for what seemed like forever and finally found one at an out of state shop and had it shipped to my LGS. I picked the 10mm up today. Once I got home I realized the 10mm has the curved trigger which was a big disappointment to me. I should have been more observant but I just assumed same Legion series, the same P220 model that the triggers would be the same. My question is if anyone knows why they would use two different triggers in what is basically the same model pistol? Is there some mechanical reason the 10mm would use the curved trigger and not the flat trigger? Can the curved trigger be replaced with the flat trigger? It’s not a deal breaker but I must say I am really disappointed because I really love the flat trigger. If it can be swapped out, I guess I will go that route.

Thanks in advance for any insight/advice.

Posts: 5 | Registered: November 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can’t explain why, but the 10mm version was given neither the flat trigger nor the SAO-specific, short-reset parts that have been standard on the 220-45, 226, & 229 SAO Legions. Given that the 10mm version was the most recent of the SAO Legions to be launched, it does seem odd that it was instead fitted with essentially the same trigger parts as for earlier non-Legion SAO 10mm’s.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
There is a similar style trigger available at Gray Guns. It stinks that the one you were hoping for wasn't there.

Sig is known for offering a wide variety of options within their available firearms. Finding the one you want is tricky.

For example, my 10mm P220 is a DA/SA two tone with adjustable sights. I have yet to see another.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Matter of taste.
I am the other way 'round and prefer the curved trigger.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it seems odd to me as well that all of the other P22x SAO Legion pistols that I have seen all had the flat trigger. In my search online it seemed like a lot of distributors were using the wrong pictures with their adds so I didn't pay as much attention to the pics as I should have. In my search, I saw several sites advertising the SAO version of the pistol but the picture presented was of a SA/DA as the decocker was plainly visible. I'll definitely pay more attention next time.

As far as a flat replacement trigger I have found one over at GrayGuns. Will the trigger itself provide the short reset or are there other parts involved besides the trigger to achieve the shorter reset. Is replacing the curved trigger with a flat one something I can do myself or would I be better off sending it to GG's for the conversion?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigBoi,

posted Hide Post
The trigger change alone will not produce the shorter reset. You need the SAO-equivalent of Sig’s SRT kit which includes a sear and firing pin safety lever. It is my understanding that the SRT sear for the SAO is very similar (if not identical) to that for the DA/SA models and should be readily available (GG also sells one). But the SAO FP safety lever is very different than that for the DA/SA kit. I believe that Sig’s part # for the SAO FP safety lever is 1202088-R.

I would call Sig CS and see if they are willing to help you by first confirming if the conversion can be made and then selling the needed parts. But you may need to call GG or ArmoryCraft. Both sell flat triggers and GG also sells SRT kits for DA/SA and I suspect they’ve fielded this question before.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 10mm SAO too and if I had to guess I think Sig stayed with the standard trigger and reset system for durability under the increased recoil of full power 10mm rounds.

There's no other reasonable explanation. Unless the steel frame used for the SAO 10mm (probably same as the old SAO Hunter frame) cannot fit the SRT parts.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the advice and info. I'll start by calling Sig Monday. It may be a safety issue or something. It's not a deal breaker but I will say most of my other Sig's have the flat trigger and I've just grown accustomed to them.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I believe you'd be better off calling GrayGuns to get the answer(s) you seek... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8788 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post