SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK mag kits for 2 more rounds…. VP9sk?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK mag kits for 2 more rounds…. VP9sk? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
So HK has kits out now for the VP9 that include a new follower, spring and baseplate to make their 15rd mags hold 17. I wonder, has anyone used the follower and baseplate on the *VP9sk* (without the spring) to increase its capacity as well?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7001 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good question. I have some of the 13 round extended mags that have enough room for a full grip. I'd consider upping them to 14 or 15 with the new follower.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^. I’d really be interested to know if it works.

Posts: 7001 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried the new kit on a 10 round sk magazine and the locking plate will not fit inside the smaller magazine, only the larger magazines. The follower would not lock into the top of the sk spring either. You could probably bend the spring to accept the follower and reshape the two front corners of the locking plate and make the parts work, not sure you'd get 2 more rounds though.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Interesting, thank you for checking it out!