SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    For the Old School Revolver Folks, Some Sad News - the Passing of Tedd Adamovich of Blu Magnum Grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For the Old School Revolver Folks, Some Sad News - the Passing of Tedd Adamovich of Blu Magnum Grips Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted
I read the above news earlier this evening on another site and saw it confirmed on Blu Magnum’s website - owner and craftsman Tedd Adamovich has passed away.

As I understand it, Mr. Adamovich assumed the mantle at Blu Magnum following the passing of founder Deacon Deason (revolver-heads among us, please feel free to correct me on this - I arrived relatively late to the goodness of Blu Magnum Grips).

Blu Magnum’s perhaps most famous revolver stocks was their Skeeter Skelton model, named for / designed by the legendary late lawman and gunwriter.

I previously owned a set of Blu Magnum N-frame grips; they were magnificent. Perhaps another craftsman will step forward to keep these classy, practical revolver stocks available and keep the legacy alive.

Edited to add link to Blu Magnum’s site:

https://www.blu-magnum.com/

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry to hear of Ted’s passing, I had the opportunity to speak with him on the phone a few times and he was a true gentleman.
I also spoke with Deacon a few times, what a character he was! I still remember a conversation we had after I sent him a S&W grip I doctored up to my perfect dimensions to use as a template….
He says “well Greg, I’ll make um thin like a couple of cigarette papers like you like um”

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I never bought from him, but it is indeed sad to hear of his passing. There are fewer and fewer true revolver craftsmen left these days Frown.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
His grips were beautiful, wish I could afford some of his work...

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Wasn't Deacon Deason BearHug grips?
Blu Magnum just made the style? Either way.

Another master craftsman gone.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
@cas, I believe you’re correct - Deacon Deason’s outfit was called Bear Hug Grips.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

posted Hide Post
I could be wrong, it happened one time before, but I think Deacon made the Skeeter Skelton grips sometime, maybe just shortly, before he passed and Magnum continued them.

Deacon surely was a character.

Bob

Edit: Now I'm second-guessing myself and maybe you are right, that Magnum started making those grips. I "think" I remember wanting a set for my Model 19 Smith very badly but Deacon passed away so I never followed up. but I could have it wrong.

Forgive the rambling, please, just an old guy trying to remember.

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
@straightshooter1 - ha, I am right there with you! Smile

I do think @cas is correct - the original outfit was Deason’s Bear Hug Grips, followed by Adamovich’s Blu Magnum. I think (and I, too, may be off-base in the memory bank here) I’d corresponded with the famed Sheriff Jim Wilson once upon a time after one of his many articles in the old Peterson’s “Handguns” magazines that featured his S&Ws stocked by Deacon Deason. I think the Sheriff told me that Mr. Deason had passed but that Blu Magnum was now offering the classic Skeeter Skelton grips.

Either way - ugh - I just hate the news of Mr. Adamovich’s passing and can’t help but wonder if the Skelton (and other) grip designs will live on.

I thought I had a pic of the one set of these that I all-too-briefly owned (sold them away - argh!) - if I can find that I’ll post it up in tribute if nothing else.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Found the pic: a pre-28 Highway Patrolman with Bear Hug Grips.