SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Meprolight night sights question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meprolight night sights question Login/Join 
posted
I've read point of aim issues with Trijicon sights. the HD ones.

I still like Meprolight sights.

Simple, Bright when new. Anyone still like them.

I'm feeling like I'm out of touch with the newer sights.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had Meprolight night sights on my HK P30 and P30L. I liked them but prefer more differentiation between front and rear dots. Medium light bars, decent sight picture, center-ish hold out to ~20yards with 115gr, right at the tip of the sight at about 3 yards.

Truglo...just installed a set of Tritum PRO sights today on my Gen 5 Glock 17. Much better sight picture than the Meprolights, less light bars, wider front sight, taller sights, group lower than the Mepros but then it's a totally different gun so that's not a fair comparison. So far, I prefer these over the HK Meprolight sights (but again, different guns).

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I have trijicon sights on several pistols with no issue about POA/POI. I like the Meprolights on my Glocks but, my new favorite is the Truglo Brite Site TFX sights. I put them on my 1911 and the orange dot is big, bright and a great asset for my aging eyes. I'm thinking of replacing the fading lights on several of my guns with these.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
The simplest is usually the best. The old style Meprolight sights work great. I have installed the Ameriglo Pro I Dots on a bunch of my Glocks, but as far as shootability goes, there's not much difference.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Posts: 104 | Location: From Philly, now in middle GA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post